Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Sanitation Officer
Job Locations: Cross River (Ikom) and Benue (Adikpo) in (with some travels to other project locations)
Duration: Two months initial contract with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Emergency WASH Advisor
Department / Sector: WASH
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria and will scale up an emergency response in the Cross River states. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
- The Sanitation officer will focus on working on sanitation infrastructure but also work in close cooperation with other WASH field staff to ensure that related hygiene and sanitation issues are coordinated.
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the emergency WASH project by coordinating with other staffs on the field.
- Monitoring the status of Sanitation facilities and ensuring the timely repair and maintenance of the facilities by coordinating with other WASH staffs
- Monitoring and supervising the quality of the construction of sanitation facilities implemented by contractors
- Working closely with the WASH Advisor on developing weekly and monthly plans on the implementation of planned sanitation activity
- Coordinating with the other WASH field staff to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH response are integrated.
- Ensuring the inclusiveness of all safety/privacy/protection issues in all the WASH facilities constructed at the field level
- Assisting the WASH Advisor on maintaining an accurate record and taking proper care of all field equipment and material stocks related to WASH
- Assisting the WASH Advisor on making timely request and delivery of all logistic requirement for smooth implementation of sanitation work
- Undertaking of other responsibilities requested line manager
- Assist in any other related matters necessary for the execution of NCA Emergency WASH project activities as assigned by respective line manager
- Minimum of B.Sc in the Engineering fields and other related fields
- At least one year of experience for emergency settings is an asset.
- Applications are only expected from nationals
- Must have good assessment, analytical, and planning skills.
- Good oral and written reporting skills.
- Training/counterpart development skills.
- Ability to work well in the field under difficult circumstances
- Familiarity with the culture of conflict and/or disaster- affected populations, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on sanitation and hygiene matters.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: Recruitment-Ng@nca.no Or email@example.com
Please address all Applications to:
The Recruitment Team,
Norwegian Church Aid,
14 NTA Quarters,
- Include two referees in your applications with detailed contacts, of which one must be a recent supervisor from your former/current organisation/institution.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Candidate is required to start as soon as possible. At most 1st week of April 2018.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and positions may be filled before closing
- Manager , Food & Beverage I Job at Marriott International
- Waitress and Waiter Job at Sarahchris Ventures Limited
- Food & Beverage Manager Job at A leading Hotel
- Continental Chef Job at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
- Production Bakery Manager Job at Oladipo Olukuewu & Co
- Sales & Visa Counselling (SVC)
- Steward Job at Inter Arc Consultants Limited
- Hilton Worldwide Graduate Management Development Program 2019
- Sellafield Energy Resources Limited Massive Recruitment 2019
- Trainee Manager Job at Integrated Catering Company