Senior Accountant Job at Topaz Energy and Marine
Topaz Energy and Marine is a leading offshore vessel support company that provides marine logistics solutions to the global energy industry. We operate in the Caspian, Middle East, West Africa and subsea markets with a fleet of over 100 vessels and a team of over 1800 people.
Nigeria - together with our local partners Team Offshore Nigeria Limited, Topaz has been building its presence in Nigeria, where a large part of our West African fleet operates from a base in Onne. Our global experience and systems, combined with local knowledge and expertise are proving integral in supporting national players and major IOCs in developing the country’s natural resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Accountant
Req ID: 31
Job Location: Lagos
Accounting & Finance:
- Ensure proper GL Accounting, accounting for intercompany transactions, month end closing entries and fixed assets booking.
- Produce accounting and financial information that are accurate, reliable and compliant with acceptable standards, statutory requirements, and Group financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare month end balance sheet schedules for submission to the corporate office (Dry dock, intercompany reconciliation, Capex report, Cash Flow, etc.)
- Prepare and send monthly reports to Shared services finance - Debtors balances, Fixed Assets, utilization report, etc.
- Assist in preparing consolidated MMR with variance analysis for AR, AP, and GL.
- Audit lead during internal and external audits for standalone and consolidated financials
- Assist in budget preparations and Rolling Forecasts
- Prepare monthly tax calendar for Nigeria with the reason of variances, if any.
- Ensure timely filing and accounting of tax (WHT, VAT, CIT and other local taxes) returns with government bodies.
- Liaise with tax consultants to get timely tax advice as and when required.
- Revenue assurance, Debt Management and Treasury
- Ensure timely and accurate raising of customer invoices (charter and other revenues) and subsequent debt collection.
- Map out procedures to record efficiency/completeness in the collection process to guarantees that all payments are properly accounted for and guide against any loophole in the collection process.
- Strengthens controls to avoid non-invoicing/Process review to ensure additional revenue opportunities.
- Ensure adequate funds are available and priorities according to operational payments requirements.
- Consolidating the weekly cash flow with all the loan payments, AR and AP inflows, and outflows
- Monitor and follow up on performance reports for crew
- Track crew mobilization costs and produce monthly reports
- A good first degree and a relevant professional certification - Qualified Chartered Accountant, CPA or ACCA qualified with knowledge on IFRS
- Minimum 5 -7 years’ relevant industry experience in an international company of which at least 4 years should be in a similar role.
- Exposure to the Nigerian tax system is a must.
- Very sound and strong finance and accounting skills.
- Expert knowledge in MS Excel and ERP Package
- Working knowledge in JD Edwards preferred
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Finance Manager Job at Telinno Consulting Limited
- Account Assistant Job at Daily Need Distributions Company
- Chief Financial Officer Job at Deodar Controls Limited
- Cashier Job at Y2K-Dish Electrical Technical Company
- Accountant Job at Inter Arc Consultants Limited
- Client Engagement Officer
- First Choice Leasing Limited Recruitment for a Chartered Accountant
- Accountant Job at BOUNTY PRAISE STEEL CONSTRUCTION LIMITED
- Accountant Job at Triple Tech Imaging
- MTN Nigeria Recruitment for an Accountant, Tax (Supervisory)