Site Engineer Job at Bradfield Consulting Limited
Bradfield Consulting Limited - Our client is a fully registered private limited liability company with several subsidiaries in building, warehousing, letting, sales, and development of estates, construction, property investment, maintenance, and cold storage.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Site Engineer
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Contract
- Managing parts of construction projects.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Setting out, leveling, surveying the site and organizing facilities.
- Checking plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Supervising contracted staff.
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales.
- Liaising and communicating with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager; regularly providing progress report.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork.
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials, making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet set deadlines.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction, Mechanical, Electrical or Building Engineering/Technology.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in construction and site engineering.
- Must be COREN certified.
Skills and Competences:
- Commercial awareness - an understanding of how your actions can affect the profitability of a project.
- Communication skills; written and verbal,
- Technical and excellent IT skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Organization skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong team working skills.
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation.
- Senior Automation Specialist Job at AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Maritime Technical Support Engineer Job at SDSD
- People Operations Fullstack Engineer Job at GitLab Inc
- Welding & NDT Supervisor (M/F) Job at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor (M/F) Job at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor Job at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Fibre Optics Engineer Job at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Senior RF;Transmission Engineer Job at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- WASH Technical Officer Job at ZOA international
- Integration Engineer Job at Ericsson Nigeria