Sterling Bank Plc Recruitment for a Project Manager
Sterling Bank Plc "Your one-customer bank" is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers who want to build a career out of making BIG things happen. Join us if you're:
- An operational mastermind, Interested in building products used by our customers at a rapid pace.
- A proven performer with ample experience in managing teams, and client relationships.
- We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we're happy for people to build new skills, specialise or move between teams. As an engineer here you'd be able to work directly with anyone across the company.
About this Role
What will you be doing as a Project Manager?
- The Project Manager manages major projects from inception through completion and are primarily responsible for managing client expectation and ensuring that delivery meets expectations. Responsibilities include create and manage budget and schedules, coordinate design staff, document meetings and work sessions, generate reports, track progress, deliverables and results, and maintain team morale. The PM serves as the primary contact for the clients, internal and external team.
- This position requires someone who can consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organisation to ensure quality. Your experience should demonstrate: The ability to work well with clients and with in-house teams and a strong understanding of the project management process.
How Will You Create Impact?
- Project Managers are key enablers for other consultants and partner staff. They manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects. PM’s have a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participate in and assist with overall project management activities as needed by the broader project management team;
- Manage the interface with the client and internal departments
- Acting as a focal point for all technical and commercial aspects of projects within the Project Managers Control
- Project planning, including resource identification, from sales handover through to delivery and ensuring an on-time delivery
- Project cost control, including management and accountability for the project cash flow and man-hours forecasting, ensuring that the projects are delivered within budget
- Manage scope variations to ensure that project margins are maximised
How Will We Help You Grow?
- As a project Manager, you will get the chance to refine your skills—building and bringing disruptive products to life. You will learn how to drive the development of multiple products, manage leading clients,and push the strategic thinking of both technical and nontechnical teams..
This might be for you if you have
- Understanding and experience using Agile methodology
- Experience with Project management in Information Technology organizations
- Experience across both digital, agile-focused project management (e.g. software delivery), as well as cross-functional, multi-disciplinary project management (e.g. financial transformation projects).
- Strong analytical skills and a high capacity for conceptual thinking. Ability to develop leading edge business models, frameworks for financial analysis, and long-term business strategies that maximize shareholder value.
- Strong management and communication skills. Must be comfortable delivering formal presentations to senior management.
- A solid track record of building strong client relationships with large organizations, as well as identifying opportunities to deepen those relationships and grow the business.
Nice to have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
What can you expect from us? We offer good people, inspiring work and the opportunity to help build great products as well as the following benefits:
- To ensure that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase, we review salaries every 6 months.
- Get the work-tool of your choice plus accessories to improve your workflow.
Work From Home:
- Get things done-from home or an office. We encourage everyone to work from home twice a week to keep us remote-friendly.
- 20 days paid holiday in a year-we encourage you to use them up, too! An additional month of unpaid work is also on the table!
- In building together, we're thinking about your future, too. We also care about your statutory rights.
- Regular internal knowledge sharing sessions on dedicated days. We encourage teams or individuals to share fascinating stuff.
- Online and offline access to books and subscriptions about startups, programming, design, finance and more.
Learning and Development:
- Access to local and international trainings to improve your skills.
- Socials every month including go-karting, board game nights, dinners, samba, drumming and movie nights. There’s no pressure to attend. Retreats are a thing, too.
- Private health insurance and paid sick leave (for both your physical and mental health).
Maternity And Paternity Leave:
- Babies are like products. We don't want you to miss the biggest launch of your life.
- Thrice a week. In addition, there's fresh fruits, biscuits, tea/coffee and soft drinks in the office—you're in for a treat!
- We care about your wellbeing—physical and mental. While you're building products, you might as well as well build your body and mind
What the hiring process looks like... typically
- Found a great role? Great!
- Focus on your resume.
- This is the first piece of information we’ll see about you, so highlight your most relevant achievements and experience
- We interview differently.
- It Starts with a phone call
- With the Hiring Manager. Then an onsite interview with a few key team members. (Number of Interviews can Vary by role and seniority)
- Got the job?
- The Hiring process can at times stretch out over weeks. However If you are the final candidate, you will be contacted to discuss the job offer.
- We understand that everyone's situation is different, that you may be able to dedicate more or less time to our hiring process, or have other restrictions
- If any of our process is challenging for you and you'd like us to offer alternative or special arrangements, please let us know. We're committed to finding the right people, and don't want anyone to be excluded because of their circumstances.
- Questions about this role? Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Officer Job at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Senior Education and Child Protection Manager Job at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer Job at Mercy Corps
- Production / Project Manager Job at Don Quester Consulting
- Tier Lead Cover Job at Palladium
- Solar PV Senior Project Manager Job at JD Ross Energy
- Consultant II Job at The Management Sciences for Health
- Monitoring & Partner Insights Job at MasterCard Nigeria
- IT Project Manager Job at Conclase Consulting,
- Senior Programme Officer Job at Africa Leadership Forum