Supply Chain Director Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Supply Chain Director
Job ID: 13-10436
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A000 - None Specified
Reports To: Project Director, GF RSSH
- The Supply Chain Director (SCD) is the technical lead responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of all project supply chain activities. S/he works closely with the Project Director, other project staff, partners, and stakeholders to provide technical assistance to support the design and implementation of pharmaceutical system and supply chain management and logistics interventions, which may involve work in pharmaceutical information system, governance in the pharmaceutical domain and in other aspects such as pharmacovigilance, commodity security, supply planning, and system performance monitoring
- The SCD provides technical direction in support of the development and/or review of technical approaches and strategies for strengthening of pharmaceutical and supply chain management systems in Nigeria. The SCD works with other project staff on the development and deployment of appropriate logistic and pharmaceutical management information systems that support the planning and monitoring of supply chain operations. S/he supports supply chain capacity building strategies to build the capacity of individuals and local institutions to assure the continuous availability of key program commodities
- Lead the development of project work plans and budgets as they relate to supply chain activities in collaboration with other project staff, partners, and stakeholders. Provide input into updating and implementing the annual work plan and budget, as necessary.
- Lead the project stakeholder management efforts with National Product Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP), National Supply Chain Integration Programme (NSCIP), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN), National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and related stakeholders.
- Support procurement and supply management (PSM) strengthening interventions across AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other intervention areas.
- Support the development and/or harmonization of PSM standard operating procedures (SOPs) and reference documents.
- Support scale-up and optimization of Navision
- Support NPSCMP to harmonize reporting cycles across public health programs
- Support the improvement of PSM-related data quality including links with service data.
- Support national level capacity for inventory management and quality assurance (QA)/quality improvement (QI)
- Strengthen national-level capacity for pharmacovigilance and PSM performance measurement
- Strengthen the linkage among PSM, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and laboratory services.
- Lead the development of systems for performance managements
- Provide technical assistance to the MOH and local partners at Federal and State level for the quantification of key commodities including the establishment of an appropriate mechanism for forecasting, supply planning, and information systems to assure availability and use of data necessary for accurate quantification.
- Supply chain data review and quality improvement at Federal and State level (in targeted states)
- Collaborate with the MOH and local partners at Federal and State level to ensure that effective and efficient warehousing and distribution systems are in place for medicines and other key commodities.
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening Federal- and State-level pharmaceutical supply chains, and building expertise in monitoring and supervision in collaboration with the MOH and other relevant team members and partners.
- Develop and implement appropriate training and supervision programs.
- Provide technical assistance to develop SOPs for inventory management and other aspects of supply chain management that will assure the availability and quality of medicines and other commodities.
- Along with country partners and other project staff, develop and implement a comprehensive approach for ensuring the quality of the commodities procured and used.
- Monitor and document progress of activities toward achieving results of supply chain activities of the approved project work plan, by taking baseline and periodic measurements of indicators.
- Support the coordination of MSH/Nigeria’s supply chain expertise and provide mentorship to other staff.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Nigeria as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree or Doctor of Pharmacy degree. BS/BA in Supply Chain Management combined with relevant public health experience is also acceptable. Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and/or Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) certifications are also desirable. Post-graduate degree in public health/health science is an advantage
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience implementing supply chain and pharmaceutical system improvement programs of large projects in developing countries.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in supply chain management, pharmaceutical information management systems and governance of the pharmaceutical domain.
- Familiarity with public health, HIV, TB and/or malaria programming, data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Experience working with Ministry of Health (MOH) and national level organizations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required; ability in consensus building and constructively leading a team
- Previous experience in developing training materials and the delivery of training sessions
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in health commodity procurement, warehousing, distribution and logistics management information systems.
- Understanding of global public health issues, systems and stakeholders in Nigeria, and of strengthening pharmaceutical systems in the context of a health system strengthening effort in Nigeria.
- Understanding of Navision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English.
- Experience working with Global Fund grants highly desirable.
- Demonstrated project management and supervisory skills
- Warehouse Officer Job at Padoserve Limited
- Inventory Officer Job at Vincintore Limited
- Store Keeper Job at Triple Tech Imaging
- Project Manager Job at MTN Nigeria
- Project Coordinator Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Project Manager Job at StreSERT Services Limited
- Operation Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Inventory Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Operations Officer Job at Deloitte Nigeria
- Deloitte Nigeria Recruitment for Head of Operations