System Ops Administrator Job at Global Accelerex
Global Accelerex Limited is a leading provider of payment and business management solutions incorporated and based in Nigeria. Our business solutions help organizations across economic sectors, to effectively and efficiently manage distribution, marketing, sales, and positioning of their products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Ops Administrator
- The focus of this role will be administering our virtual infrastructure and other low-level aspects of our automation systems. Employing infrastructure-as-code techniques is crucial.
- We would value your ability to innovate, to develop new scripts and automation tools to increase efficiency. Having some programming experience can be advantageous.
- This role bridges relations between software developers, IT professionals and Business Systems Support Professional, requiring good communication skills.
- Some of the technologies we’re NOW working with are mentioned below but your adaptability and eagerness to experiment and learn are key to this role as we’re constantly evolving and TOMORROW our technical landscape might look different.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, provision, troubleshoot virtual machines (VMs) and associated storage for various systems.
- Monitor resource capacity and health for various types of applications and systems.
- Identify opportunities to develop automation that improves efficiency in infrastructure workflows.
- Investigate new technologies
- Design, develop and maintain scripting and other automation tools.
- Prioritize a variety of tasks, ensuring customers are informed of the status of their requests.
Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of Windows OS (server & workstation) and Linux (RedHat, CentOS)
- Pronounced mindset towards rigorous testing and validation of work
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Detail-oriented, strong work ethic and high standard of excellence
- Fast learner, Achiever, sets high personal goals
- Strong scripting experience (Windows PowerShell, bash)
- Familiarity with revision control systems (Git)
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and consistently meet project deadlines
Nice to have:
- Experience writing and debugging code in a programming language
- Experience with Containers and Container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Experience with Cloud computing technologies
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems (Ansible, Chef)
- Working experience with monitoring software
- Experience in deploying enterprise services such as Domain Name System (DNS), Directory Services, and Host Base Security System (HBSS)
- Provisioning and de-provisioning AWS accounts for internal customers
- Work alongside systems and development teams to support transition and operation of client web sites / applications in and out of AWS.
- Deploying, managing, and operating AWS environments
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimating AWS costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Keep technical documentation up to date
- Proactively keep up to date on AWS services and developments
- Create (where appropriate) automation, in order to streamline provisioning and de-provisioning processes
- Familiarity with the Jenkins CI
- Experience with databases (MS SQL, MySQL, RDS, Aurora, Dynamo) or other data management engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with Active Directory
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS
- Capabilities to provide AWS operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Experience with application / data migration to/from AWS
- Experience with NGINX and the HTTP protocol.
- Experience with configuration and management software such GIT
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deployment experience using common AWS technologies like VPC, and regionally distributed EC2 instances, Docker, and more.
- Experience in designing, developing, deploying, and testing within AWS architecture, utilizing AWS services
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate level or equivalent
How to Apply
All qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the "Job title" as subject of the email
- ICT Administrator Job at Vineyard Educational Consult
- Graduate Relationship Analyst Recruitment at Lidya
- Information Technology Officer Job at Dillon Consultant Nigeria Limited
- IT Data Collection and Database Manager Job at Management Systems International
- Senior IT Officer Job at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- IT Support Job at Elkris Foods Limited
- Relationship Officer
- Technology Team Lead
- Data Science /AI Research Lead Job at Rise Networks
- IT Support Engineer Job at BAT Computer Technologies Limited