Technical Director (RMNCH) Job at Chemonics International
Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Technical Director, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH)
Job Location: Abuja
Project: Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria
- The overall goal of GHSC-PSM is to procure and provide health commodities for all USAID health programs, including but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health, as well as provide systems strengthening technical assistance to improve supply chain management and commodity security in Nigeria.
- The Technical Director, in close collaboration with the Deputy Country Director, will provide overall technical leadership on the Reproductive Health (RH) and the Maternal, Neonatal & Child Health (MNCH) program.
- This is a senior leadership position and the successful candidate will serve on the project senior management team.
- Support the Deputy Country Director - Technical, the Country Director and the Task order Directors at the HQ in developing project strategy to facilitate uninterrupted commodity availability in supported States
- In collaboration with the Deputy Country Director - Technical, provide high-level supply chain technical assistance to national- and state-level RMNCH programs of government and implementing partners
- Lead and contribute to the development of annual work plans, planning documents, reports to ensure their alignment with the project’s strategy and priorities
- In collaboration with the Deputy Country Director - Technical ensure that the USAID GHSC-PSM is well-positioned as a supply chain thought leader for RMNCH policies and programs in Nigeria
- Provide technical leadership for the RMNCH department of the GHSC-PSM Nigeria across central, regional and State levels
- Responsible for managing supply chain implementation of cross cutting programs of the project across 3 regions of program implementation
- Mentor and build the capacity of RMNCH and regional project team members and relevant stakeholders at the federal, regional and State levels on ATMRHV and RMNCH technical issues
- Provide technical leadership for the sustainable drug initiative of the project to support the reformation of existing Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) in priority States
- Ensure that teams provide high quality and timely supply chain technical assistance to national and State level stakeholders including government and implementing partners
- Ensure technical activities are data driven and aligned with national guidelines and global best practices and consistent with USAID GHSC-PSM priorities and areas of expertise
- Represent and position USAID GHSC-PSM as a supply chain management thought leader for ATMRHV and RMNCH programs at State, national, and international meetings and platforms
- Develop and/or contribute written technical expertise to thought leadership platforms nationally and globally
- Contribute to the development of data-driving capacity building materials and standards, supportive supervision materials and approaches, job aids, and other systems and tools.
- Develop and/or support the development of USAID GHSC-PSM relationships with donors, government counterparts and implementing partners across all levels of project implementation
- Provide technical input, leadership, and coordination for the design and implementation of all program components
- Facilitate linkages and foster collaboration and coordination with key stakeholders, including relevant national, state, and local government authorities, NGO partners and civil society organizations involved in RMNCH
- Ensure compliance with implementation targets and deliverables and together with the government leadership co-lead reviews of progress against objectives as required.
- Oversee the use of data on evidence, program design, project performance management, advocacy and policy, in the delivery of high quality MIYCN services, and evaluation of innovations in the region;
- Facilitate and maintain close communication and coordination with the A&T staff at HQ, and in the regionally based offices, and consultants;
- Ensure alignment and implementation of GHSC-PSM policies and procedures regarding program design, procurement and communication, in consultation with relevant teams in the field and home offices.
- Conduct regular field visits in collaboration with key stakeholders and facilitate follow up on recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Educational background in pharmacy, medicine, supply chain management, public health or nursing and a Master's Degree in public health or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in public health supply chain management, with at least five in a senior management position.
- Expertise in multiple technical areas highly desired, including family planning and reproductive health, maternal health, newborn health, child health, and malaria.
- Proven senior expertise in developing and implementing effective partnerships with partners, government entities, and donors.
- Knowledge and proven experience in strategy development, staff oversight, program administration, contractual compliance, and financial management of large health programs.
- Prior experience working with Nigeria’s public health system.
- Prior experience working with USAID funded projects.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to liaise effectively with and collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including international, national, State and sub-state, public, and private partners
- Strong interpersonal and capacity building skills including training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Computer literacy in the following: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Fluency in English required and fluency in Hausa will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel extensively including northern Nigeria.
- The Technical Director, Reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) will report directly to his/her designee.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Project Assistant Job at PEC Events Limited
- Project Manager/Scrum Master Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- Project Assistant - Work in Progress Job at Oxfam
- Construction Project Manager
- IT Project Manager and Business Analyst
- Project Manager (FSL) Job at ZOA international
- Operations Manager Job at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Project Officer (FSL) Job at ZOA international
- Project Accountant Job at Deloitte Nigeria
- Senior Project Manager Job at Arit of Africa Limited