Utility Operations Specialist
RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International, hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Utility Operations Specialist (UOS)
Job Locations: Abia, Delta, Imo, Niger, Sokoto and Taraba
Slot: 6 Openings
- The main objective of this position is to build capacity of the State Water Boards (SWB) in general utility operations including financial, commercial, HR, managerial, and operational aspects of the SWBs to improve their financial and operational viability.
- In this respect the position will support the SWB to have adequate capacity for budgeting, financial management including reporting, billing, collection and other revenue generation ventures. This means developing accurate, transparent accounting systems and strengthen transparent financial management.
- Support the SWBs in budgeting processes for the utility operations, design appropriate tariffs based on the tariff review study and accurate and reliable customer data base.
- Facilitate the development of appropriate organizational structures and other HR related functions for the transformed SWB.
- Facilitating the development and execution of incentives and performance-based contracts including defining performance monitoring and assessment approaches with clearly defined KPIs.
- Support prioritization and use of public private partnerships to improve delivery of water and sanitation services. Identify innovative cost recovery mechanisms and service delivery models. Support prioritization and use of local, own-source revenue to improve delivery of water and sanitation services.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master's degree in Finance, Commercialization, Economics, Organizational Development, HR or any of the Accounting qualifications or such related fields.
- A minimum of Master's degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience post qualification experience in any of the above areas
- Expertise in performance and utility performance improvement and specific expertise in areas including HR management, strategic planning, training and capacity building, financial management, and/or customer satisfaction and engagement
- Experience in designing public/private partnership in any infrastructure sector though in the water and sanitation would be an advantage.
- Experience in designing and undertaking financial management systems, evidence-based budgeting.
- Knowledge and understanding of utility finance electricity or water i.e. cost structure of utility operations, major cost centers,
- Knowledge of the key components of a utility tariff and what to take into account when designing such a one.
We offer a highly competitive renumeration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and a CV as One Single Word document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org "Very Important - On the subject line candidates should use Job title and location e.g UOS Abia, UOS Delta, UOS Imo, UOS Niger, UOS Sokoto, UOS Taraba" (no other text should be on this subject line) but If you would like to be considered in 2 or more states, then you have to submit two or more applications but stating the states of your interest as per the above instruction.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis hence i.e we stop recruiting as soon as the right candidate is found. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert.
- This is a re-advertisement hence you are required to re-apply if you had done so earlier.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation
- Administrative Team - Volunteer
- Programs Officer Job at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- USADF-All On Nigeria Off-Grid Energy Challenge
- Food and Agriculture Organization of The United Nations (FAO) RAF Regular Volunteer Internship Programme 2019
- Facility Officer
- Center for Health Education Economic Rehabilitation and Social Security Massive Recruitment 2019
- Centre for Democracy and Development Recruitment for Programme Volunteers
- Senior Environmental Health Manager Job at International Rescue Committee
- Environmental Health M&E Officer Job at International Rescue Committee
- Gender and Community Development Assistant