Commonwealth Secretariat Latest Graduate recruitment 2017
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to be supporting youth empowerment through our Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to our core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge and fresh perspectives.
The Commonwealth Secretariat is the inter-governmental body of the Commonwealth, comprising 52 independent sovereign states. Our aim is to provide sustainable and people-centred development through professional advice, transfer of best practice and the enhancement of skills and knowledge. Here you will be making a valued contribution to the wellbeing of 2.4 billion citizens, 60% of whom are under 30 years of age.
If you are keen to gain excellent experience with us, and can thrive in our multi-cultural environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Job Position: Assistant Communications Officer
The Assistant Communications Officer role sits within the Communications Division and is focused on providing it with technical and administrative support.
- To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional journalistic, media or political experience.
- A master’s degree is desirable but not essential.
- You will have worked in a recognised national broadcast, print or digital newsroom for a minimum of two years
Essential criteria :
- A minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional journalistic, media or press office experience
- Has worked in a recognised national broadcast, print or digital newsroom or press office for a minimum of two years
- Has experience of working in one or more of their country’s national political partiesor governments or been a political or lobby reporter or correspondent
- Has used content management systems to upload digital content or willing to be trained
- Can photograph, video and edit basic films
- Has proven experience of placing stories in regional, national and international media
- Has media contacts to market and place stories and enhance the reputation and brand of the Secretariat
- Has experience of dealing with communications crises
- A master’s degree
- Has specialist knowledge of Africa and/or Asia
- Has experience of writing speeches for internal and external stakeholders
- Has experience of coaching internal and external stakeholders in media and public appearances
- £28,500 per annum gross, subject to deductions of National Insurance contributions and Commonwealth Secretariat internal income tax paid at UK income tax rates. This salary is fully inclusive. Salary is payable monthly on or after 25th of each month into a bank account
- Medical and Dental Coverage
The Secretariat provides non-contributory private healthcare and dental cover for all London-based employees and eligible London based dependents of employees. The cover is subject to underwriting conditions and supplements the UK National Health Service provisions.
- Subject to funding, the Secretariat may put in place various insurance schemes for its employees. Where such policies are in place, they shall be subject to the conditions of the underwriters and may change from time to time.
Deadline: August 1st,
Join our BBM Channel Here C003C370B
- HR / Admin Intern
- Personal Assistant
- Office Assistant / Cleaner
- Relationship Officer Job in a non-bank financial institution
- Finance / Admin Manager Job at SD Capital Resources Limited
- PathCare Laboratories Jobs vacancies for Marketing Executives
- Female Sales Representative Job at Sharptowers Limited
- Start-up Water Bottling company is Recruiting for Various Positions
- IT Administrator
- Execution Supervisor Job at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited