Economic Strengthening / Livelihoods Specialist Vacancy at Global Communities
Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist
Job Location: Maiduguri with frequent travel throughout the northeast states (Adamawa, Borno, Gombe and Yobe) and periodic trips to Abuja.
- We are seeking an experienced Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Nigeria Rural Resilience program. With external and internal factors creating an increasingly dynamic and challenging environment, the program is expected to focus on increasing the resilience of vulnerable, mostly rural, households to shocks and stress.
- This position is contingent on funding.
- The Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist will lead components designed to enhance household economic status and expand / diversify livelihoods opportunities.
- S/he will work closely with other technical component leads to ensure alignment between initiatives and activities. S/he reports to the DCOP.
- The Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist is responsible providing technical direction to project implementation and ensuring the project meets stated goals, expected results and reporting requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervision and/or mentoring of relevant technical staff,
- Managing relevant project expenditures in-line with the budget and donor and organizational policies and requirements, and
- Representing the project and organization at technical meetings and with stakeholders (other NGOs, government officials, etc.).
- Conducting regular site visits to observe project progress, validate data and obtain feedback from participants and stakeholders,
- Collaborating with the technical team and senior leadership to adapt project work-plans and approaches based on performance and contextual factors,
- Contributing to progress reports.
- Education Requirements: Master's degree (or equivalent) in a discipline related to Commerce, Economics, Business Management and Administration or related field of study;
- Excellent knowledge of household finance education / capacity-building approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level;
- Minimum five years of experience managing complex development projects, with least two of these years working in West Africa, preferably Nigeria.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of best practice interventions and approaches designed to improve household economic status and expand livelihoods options and opportunities
- Significant experience ensuring programs include and benefit vulnerable and marginalized populations (e.g. women, elderly, individuals with disabilities, the very poor);
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English required
- Strong skills in Hausa and Kanuri preferred
Application Closes on...
29th November, 2017.
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Assistant Stores Officer
- Stores Assistant
- Group Executive Director, Strategy & Digital Transformation
- Corporate Communications Coordinator Job at Landover Company
- Operation Manager
- Head of Operations
- Operations Technician Vacancy at NMR Intercontinental Limited
- Nationwide Sales & Marketing Executives Openings
- Infrastructure Specialist Vacancy at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
- Front Desk Officer