Collection Officer Job at Netcom Africa
Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Collection Officer
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Short Summary of the Job
- The Collections officer is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable revenue from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. This position will report to the Assistant Finance Controller (Billing &Collection).
- Reviewing open accounts for collection efforts.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolves client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Mail correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Faxes documents to accounts and follow up.
Experience and Skills
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Access.
- Experience in a telecommunications environment is preferred but not required.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Finance and Operations Security Officer Job at A multi-service company
- Account Officer Job at The Eye Doctor's
- Accountant Job at Aquarian Oil & Gas
- Cooperate Sales Manager Job at Management FIRST
- Project Accountant Job at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Account Officer Job at Hasky Consulting Limited
- Accountant Job at A fast growing company
- Accounts Officer Job at A leading private Security company
- Accounts Clerk Job at The Nasarawa State Community and Social Development Agency (NCSDA)
- Team Manager Job at AXA Mansard