Consultant Job at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Consultant - Adaptation and Development of ASRH Toolkits for Adolescent Girls and Boys (Married and Unmarried)
Ref No: 190001LZ
Job Location: Abuja
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Duration of Consultancy: 10 days
- Save the Children (SC) Nigeria is implementing Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make informed Choices for their Health (REACH) in Gombe, Katsina and Zamfara states in Northern Nigeria.
- The three year project specifically targets states with some of the worst indicators for adolescents, especially girls, and will focus on rural and hard to reach communities where rates of early marriage, early childbearing, low educational attainment and discriminatory social and gender norms significantly affect the ability of adolescent girls and boys to make decisions and access services to protect and improve their sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
- REACH project aims to improve access to high quality, gender-responsive and adolescent-friendly SRH services for unmarried and married adolescent girls and boys; increase the decision-making of married and unmarried girls about their SRH and rights; and improve the integration of civil society contributions and evidence-based best practices in ASRHR policy design and implementation at local and state levels.
- REACH will also contribute to Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 3 (ensure universal access to ASRH services, including FP information and education, and integration of RH into national strategies and programmes); and SDG 5 (achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls), by:
- Improving access to high quality, gender-sensitive and adolescent-friendly SRH services for unmarried and married adolescent girls and boys;
- Increasing the decision-making of married and unmarried adolescent girls about their own SRHR; and
- Improving the integration of civil society contributions and evidence-based best practices in ASRHR policy design and implementation at local and state levels.
- Furthermore, to improve gender equality and positive gender norms through the engagement of VYA, older adolescent girls and boys including men; REACH project has developed a gender transformative toolkits using GREAT, REAL Fathers, “Our First Baby” guide and the “Age and life stage” as building blocks.
Overview of Assigned Task
- To achieve this aim, REACH project is sourcing for a seasoned creative illustrator/graphics artist with capability to develop culturally appropriate pictures to convey meanings, provoke thoughts and discussions among the users of the toolkits. The toolkit addresses the ASRH knowledge needs of and life skills for a) married adolescent girls aged 15 -19 and b) married adolescent boys aged 15 -19.
- Specifically, the illustrator/graphic artist using the final draft of the toolkit will:
- Produce about 89 (eighty-nine) drawings across the eleven modules of the toolkit.
- Present the draft illustrations to the ASRH Advisor for review on cultural appropriateness, gender inclusiveness, ability to promote discussion and transference of knowledge
- Incorporate the reviews and/or results of field-testing to produce a “camera” ready drawings
- Total cost/unit of each drawing must accompany the application.
Finalized and “print ready” drawings/graphics for inclusion in the toolkits for the following target groups:
- Married adolescent girls aged 15 -19
- Married adolescent boys aged 15 -19
Key Skills and Experience
- HND or ND in Illustrative Arts or Computer Graphics
- 3 - 5 years’ previous experience in the illustrative arts and designs
- Ability to translate written content to graphics
- Ability to produce clear and content specific and culturally appropriate drawings
- Familiarity with adolescent sexual and reproductive health, including family planning, antenatal care, and safe delivery services will be an added advantage
- The Consultant works with and reports to REACH ASRH Adviser while the Gender Advisor will be providing appropriate thematic guidance.
- Payment Schedule at the end of the
- Experienced Real Estate Marketing Consultant Job at Landmark Corporate Realty Limited
- Consultant, Obstetrics & Gynecology (Female) Job at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Head of Strategy & Planning
- Functional Consultant Job at AGL Consulting Limited
- Consultant for Health Financing Job at Palladium Group
- Consultant ; Graphic Designer Job at Pact Consult Limited
- International Consultant Job at United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Consultant/Specialist (Dental Surgery) Job at Mayfield Specialist Hospital
- Consultant/Specialist (Anesthesiology) Job at Mayfield Specialist Hospital
- Consultant/Specialist (Orthopedics Surgery) Job at Mayfield Specialist Hospital