Cost Accountant Job at Alan & Grant
Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Cost Accountant
Job Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Type: Full time
- Ensuring full financial control over all manufacturing activities in the factory and continuously providing financial business partnership and value adding analysis to the factory team.
- Responsible for the control and monitoring of factory overhead costs.
- Coordinating annual budget and forecast activities for the factory.
- Working in collaboration with supply chain, inbound and outbound, warehouses in the area of production planning, materials procurement planning and logistics management (contracts and settlement).
- Safeguarding all company’s assets by enhancing the controls environment.
- Developing and enhancing the cost accounting system with current SAP Business one solution.
- Responsible for all manufactured products costing (Actual Costing), month-end and year-end closures.
- Generating, investigating, analyzing and reporting Material Usage Variance/Comparison of Issues for the factory.
- Providing finance analysis for process improvement and identifying opportunity for cost savings within the factory.
- Reporting the monthly factory overhead cost and analyzing the variances for necessary actions
- Scheduling monthly presentation of departmental actual cost versus the Budget and get necessary explanations for the variances.
- Capital Work in Process monitoring up to capitalization
- Inventory Control and Reconciliation
- Biological Asset Management, Valuation and reporting
- Cost Control with respect to Technical operational Overheads
- Monitoring system transactions and coordinating associates to ensure accurate data entry and/or requesting corrections were necessary.
- Responsible for Monthly stock taking in the Factory.
- Preparing and presenting report on the stock valuation and position, risk analysis
- B.Sc in Accounting
- Minimum of 4+ years proven experience in similar role
- ICAN/ACCA certification will be an added advantage
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Excellent teamwork, negotiation, organization and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with data entry and analysis
- Highly competent in Ms Excel, accounting software and invoice discounting.
- Accountant Job at LIFE Theological Seminary
- Audit / Quality Control Officer Recruitment at InfraVision
- Audit and Internal Control Executive Job at Management FIRST
- Accountant Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Internal Control Manager Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Account Executive Job at Whitfield Ventures Limited
- Chief Financial Officer (Expatriate) Job at Whitfield Ventures Limited
- Account Assistant Job at pinnah food limited
- Accountant Job at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Senior Accountant Recruitment at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited