Cost Accountant Job at Cormart
Cormart is one of the leading specialty chemicals companies in Nigeria and active in production and sales/marketing of chemicals and raw materials for industries such as paint, glues & adhesives, oil lubricants, breweries, distilleries, beverage, food, confectionaries, cosmetics, and personal and home care chemicals. Cormart represents large international brands in Nigeria such as Merck, Cargill, Ashland, Ecolab, Afton, AB Mauri, and many others.
Cormart Nigeria Limited is part of TGI Group, an international investment and holding company with diverse interests and investments in Nigeria, Ghana, Benin Republic, and several other emerging markets.It is a sister company to Chi Farms Limited, Chi Pharmaceuticals Ltd., WACOT Ltd, Romson Oil Field Services and various other companies
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Cost Accountant
Job Locations: Lagos and Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Responsibilities (not exhaustive)
- Oversee finance team at KM51, i.e. assure proper staffing, batching, reporting, processing etc.
- Preparation of vouchers and journals for posting into Navision for the purpose of preparation of Financial Statement on Monthly basis.
- Compute monthly Process costing of Raw Materials, Work in Progress and Finish Goods and other costing reports as may be required from time to time.
- Prepare cost control reports as may be required by the management from time to time.
- Variance analysis and recommendation of alternative cost reduction method to management.
- Yield monitoring and prompt reporting of both favourable and adverse situation report.
- Receive stores issues, collate and raise relevant journals for posting into General Ledger for the purpose of materials consumed monthly for Financial Statements.
- Organize and conduct quarterly and annual stock counts, carry out valuation, compare with General Ledger balances, investigate differences and make necessary adjustments.
- Interface with Stores, Foreign Procurement and Clearing and financial accounts to record and determine landed costs of foreign spares and Assets in Transit so that on arrival we move same to fixed assets and spare parts as applicable.
- Reconciliation of raw materials, semi finish goods and finish goods monthly
- Assist the warehouse and logistic manager in ensuring seamless supply chain process
- Liaise with the site project manager to ensure that necessary administrative requirements are made available as requested for projects
- 5+ years of experience in costing is required
- First degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline is an added advantage
- Having a professional qualification like ICAN, ACCA is also an added advantage
- Flexibility: willingness to work in different locations in Nigeria when required.
In line with industry standards.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
- Cost Accountant Job at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Tangerine Life Recruitment for a Digital Financial Sales Executive
- Nationwide Field & Tele Sales Agents Opening
- Nationwide Sale & Marketing Executives Openings
- Account Officer Job at Golden Beach Resort
- Cashier Job at NENnetworks Nigeria
- Warehouse Account Officer Job at Anthony Ayoade Associates
- Head of Internal Control Job at Blackcod Asset Management
- Finance and Admin Lead Job at Strongmas Automobile Limited
- Investment Executive Job at NENnetworks Nigeria