Credit & Recovery Officer Recruitment at MKOBO MICROFINANCE BANK
MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently underserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Credit & Recovery Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- This role will report to the Risk and Compliance Manager and will be responsible for recovery of overdue payments from customers.
- The successful candidate will also be working with the credit department to assess credit applications to identify suitability.
- Recover past due payments from delinquent customers.
- Work with the Risk and Compliance Manager to assess credit applications.
- Perform detailed analysis on applications with reference to approved policies to assess suitability of applications.
- Devise customized recovery strategy on a case-by-case basis.
- Make outbound collection calls to defaulting customers.
- Manage relationship with external debt collectors.
- Design and negotiate payment plans for defaulting customers with management’s approval.
- Follow up with customers on previous payment plans.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date customer account information.
- When necessary liaising with Lawyers, Bailiffs, Enforcement agencies.
- Negotiate settlements with customers.
- Take ownership of debt recovery cases and collateral where required.
- Maintain appropriate and comprehensive records of all customer discussions as it relates to debt recovery.
- Report daily, weekly and monthly progress against targets to Management.
- Participate in the weekly credit review committee meeting.
- Manage relationship with debtor customers to ensure compliance with repayment agreements.
- Conduct and document recovery visitations to customers.
- Review, process and reconcile accounts of indebted customers, to ensure amicable resolution & payment of agreed sum.
- Minimum of Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, etc. from a reputable University.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in retail credit, risk and recovery.
- Problem Solving, Critical reasoning, detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and writing skills.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of proper and ethical debt collection techniques.
- Ability to quickly build a picture of a customer’s personal circumstances and needs.
- Strong negotiating, counselling, and problem solving skills.
- Experience of collecting first and third party accounts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Able to work well as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail. Having a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent listening ability and superb questioning techniques.
- Always accurate and on time in completing duties.
Areas of Expertise
- Debt Collection
- Issue Resolution
- Credit Analysis
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with “Credit & Recovery Officer” as subject.
Note: If you’re not contacted within two (2) weeks from the deadline of this application, your application was not successful.
- Accounts Officer Recruitment at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Account/Audit Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Internal Auditor Job at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Accounting Supervisor Job at Carlcare Development
- Accountant Job at Inter Arc Consultants Limited
- Accountant Job at ELROI Global Services Limited (Elroi)
- Chartered Accountant Job at Lorache Group
- Accounts Assistant Job at DMV Nigeria Limited
- Internal Control Officer Job at Grubbix Catering Services
- Finance Manager Job at Ideanet Intellectual Property Limited