Database Administrator Job at Cousant Connect
Cousant Connect is an online talent marketplace that connects companies to brilliant and highly vetted tech talent. Cousant Connect was created to help customers find professionals from a trusted platform that can help bring their ideas to life. Our customers range from Solopreneurs to institutions like Banks.
Our team have worked on projects ranging from building stock trading platforms for Stock brokers to customer service management platforms for Banks. Members of our talent pool are at the top of their game and working on some of the most exciting projects in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Database Administrator
Job Location: Lagos
The role objective is to plan, maintain and develop databases incorporating the following principles:
- That members access data concurrently in a form that suits their needs
- That there is adequate provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Administrative Activities – Administer all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures at Client Sites.
- Storage (Including the SANs) – Ensure proactive management of storage allocations for all the databases and promptly request for/implement expansions where necessary.
- Performance Reporting/Tuning – Continually ensure that databases are performing optimally through regular tuning and monitoring.
- Backup/Restore – Maintain regular/period backup of all databases and ensure they are up-to-date. Periodically conduct test restore of backups.
- Replication & Site Switching Activities – Ensure databases at all client sites are replicating and at par. Implement site switching activities when required.
- Planning dataflow to the database, mapping out the 'conceptual design' for a planned database, refining the 'physical design' to meet system storage requirements
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the data privacy regulations wherever applicable
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary
- Controlling access permissions and privileges for access to database
- Capacity planning
- Administration of all issues regarding Database servers
- Supervise and control all Database servers inventories
Keys Skills & Qualifications
- B.Sc in Computer Science or any other technology disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Physics)
- 5-8 years practical experience in Database and Core Business Application Administration.
- Expertise and hands on experience with Oracle Administration and generally working with data on different relational and non-relational Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Expertise and hands on experience with Windows Server and Linux Operating system administration.
- Good problem solving and logical thinking skills (ability to transform business requirements into programmable solutions).
- Excellent Reporting and Communication skills.
- Experience in planning and delivering technology-based projects.
- Ideal candidates will be innovative and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be comfortable working with deadlines and have a passion to keep enhancing your skills.
- IT Officer Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- System / Network Administrator Recruitment
- ICT Support Job at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- IT Support Staff Job at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Digital Product Manager Job at Vincintore Limited
- Chief Digital Officer Job at Deloitte Nigeria
- Systems & Network Administrator Job at FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
- I.T Engineer Recruitment
- Experienced Computer Operator Job at Wait and Carry Express Cargo Limited
- Accounts/Finance Officer