- DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTION
The Factory Manager’s primary responsibilities include leading the operation and maintenance staff, the daily management and coordination of plant operations including production, logistics and maintenance while ensuring compliance with all labor, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations.
This position plays an integral part in plant operations, special projects, and has responsibility developing, maintaining and achieving budgetary and production targets.
- Ensuring safe operation of the factory equipment.
- Managing stock control & reconciliation and ensures optimal use of machines for production
- Identifying training needs and develops training plans for the plant team
- Ensuring compliance with health & safety standards.
- Develop and manage the strategies, plans and budgets as agreed with the MD
- Effectively manage labor requirements/manpower planning, production planning, stock management, instrumentation calibration, plant modifications and develop innovative systems and processes utilizing all available technology
- It is essential that the manager builds effective working relationships with all staff and support staff to ensure all areas are managed and controlled.
The factory Manager would be responsible for maximizing daily production. He/she will be reporting to the Managing Director. Performance will be evaluated on ability and effectiveness in carrying out the above responsibilities.
All staff within Organization
All and Sundry
Joint Business Partners
- CAPABILITY PROFILE- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant experience (FMCG, Manufacturing Plants etc).
- Good communication skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Creativity and innovation.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Negotiating and Decision making skills.
- Management ability and supervisory skills.
- Team oriented.
- Basic HR knowledge
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Majority of the work is carried out in the organization’s Rice mill plant
- Visits outside organization
- Standard working environment.
- Production Manager Job at a reputable company
- Production Manager Job at Smart Partners Consulting Limited
- Production Manager Job at Biswal Limited
- Outlet Manager & Production Supervisor Job at Everyday Foods Group
- Production Manager (Assistant) Job at Chartwell Securities Limited
- Production Manager Job at Food and Confectionery
- Production & Regulatory Pharmacist Job at Saro Lifecare Limited
- Production Worker Job at Conglomerate Associate Nigeria Limited
- Production Pharmacist Job at Tyonex Nigeria Limited
- Production / Maintenance Manager Job at Ascentech Services Limited