Fashion Designer Job at Owens and Xley Consults
Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Fashion Designer
Job Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you are to conceptualize and create designs with the Creative Director and ensure these designs are properly interpreted and represented by the production team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create new design ideas.
- Liaise with the production manager to ensure synergy of the creative and production functions.
- Support photo shoots when required.
- Oversee the final production of designed garments.
- Produce clear and detailed fashion illustrations by hand or using CAD.
- Create presentation and mood boards for edits and collections.
- Develop creative ideas at all stages of the design and development process.
- Create lines and cohesive collections from start to finish.
- Confer with clients to understand their design needs and provide feedback on presented ideas.
- Research and stay abreast with current trends.
- Select each style’s fabric, trims, materials, and colors that fit into a design plan.
- Prepare detailed job cards.
- Be responsible for consultations, approvals, design, and fittings
- Work collaboratively with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to lines and collections, and create new concepts.
- Work collaboratively with the creative director in sourcing fabrics, trims, and other materials.
- Work closely with the creative director to create a prototype design.
- Work collaboratively with the production team to provide feedback with a clear and concise direction to execute orders properly.
- Perform all related tasks as assigned
- HND in Fashion Designing
- Certification in Design
- 5 years experience as a designer
- Tailoring experience is an advantage
- High level of professionalism
- Research skills
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills
- Exceptionally creative
- Strong visualization skills.
- A keen eye for detail
- Confident and pleasant
- Knowledgeable about the current trends as it relates to the industry.
N150,000 - N250,000 monthly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Graphic Designer and Videographer Job at CareerXpress
- Graphic Designer Recruitment at ENYO Retail & Supply
- House of Maryjane Recruitment for a Professional Tailor
- Fashion Stylist Job at Ruff n Tumble
- Digital Marketing / Graphic Design Specialist Job at Khenpro Global Services
- Ongoing Recruitment at a Turnkey brand development & product marketing firm
- Sales Representative and Decorator Job at Currys Serious Cake
- Graphics Designer Job at IFS Group
- Graphics Designer Job at Juilapomus Clothing Company Limited
- Job Openings at Uleval Technology