French Teacher Recruitment at RA International School
The RA International School (RAIS) is located in Nigeria LNG Residential Area on Bonny Island, which houses the school staff and NLNG staff as well as their families.
The school runs a broad-based curriculum, following the English Curriculum for Mathematics and Literacy, as well as International Primary Curriculum (IPC) for other subjects with local (Nigerian) content included. It currently has over 634 students on roll from 3-11years, from mostly Nigerian backgrounds
We are seeking to recruit experienced, exceptional and internationally-minded professionals with the ability to work proficiently in a multi-cultural team using an inclusive and multi-disciplinary approach for the position below:
Job Position: French Teacher
Job Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
Job Type: Full Time
- To plan and deliver quality teaching and learning in French for ages 3 – 11 based on School Curriculum and link with International Primary Curriculum whilst maintaining a conducive learning environment within the classroom.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a positive role model in terms of professional behaviour, work and attitudes.
- Set high standards of work and behaviour in the class and in all other areas of the school.
- Deliver the school curriculum for French as relevant to the stream, age and ability groups taught.
- Plan for progression in French across the age and ability range taught, designing effective lessons/programmes of work in accordance with the needs of individual learners.
- Incorporate and link learning to appropriate elements of the host country curriculum.
- Teach challenging, well organised lessons, using an appropriate range of teaching strategies which meet individual learners’ needs, including children for whom English is an additional language.
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives and monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment.
- Provide timely, accurate and constructive feedback on learners’ attainment, progress and areas for development.
- Establish and maintain a high-quality attractive, engaging and supportive learning environment.
- Be fully conversant with the school’s procedures and policies.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in French teaching, IPC and education generally, sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Develop opportunities for wider learning in French (theme days; guest speakers; special events, etc)
- Look for innovative ways to establish RAIS as a pioneering IPC school.
- B.Ed. , B.SC(Ed), B.A(Ed) or B.A/B.SC plus (PGDE/PGCE) in any discipline and minimum of 2nd class honours lower division (2:2)
- Possession of Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) [e.g.be a registered member with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, have QTS or recognition by a similar international body]
- Possession of NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) Certificate/Exemption Letter
- Minimum of five years’ experience in teaching French in a primary school setting (ideally an international school).
- Experience in teaching the International Primary Curriculum/National Curriculum of England is an added advantage.
- Excellent skills in classroom management.
- Should be a person of high integrity and excellent character.
- Not more than 45 years old as at January 31, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Fill the RAIS Employment Application Form
Send their CV in the format below with copies of supporting documents (mentioned in the CV), the supporting statement by email with "Title of Position Applied for" to: RAISRecruitment@raisbny.com
- Date of Birth (Day/Month/Year)
- Contact Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Educational Institutions attended (with dates)
- Educational Qualification(s) obtained with title(s), class of degree(s) & date(s)
- NYSC Status (NYSC Certificate/ Exemption Certificate Available)
- QTS Status (TRCN/Other Certificate(s) Available)
- Years of experience (Post-Graduation)
- Years of experience (teaching in a primary school setting)
- Years of experience (teaching in an international school setting)
- Years of experience (teaching the International Primary Curriculum)
- Years of experience (teaching the National Curriculum of England)
- Job history starting from the most recent employment (with dates)
- Any additional qualification/skill/etc. that makes the candidate stand out
- Applicants should write a supporting statement (no longer than 2 sides of A4/250 Words) entitled: ‘How I will be an effective Teacher at RAIS’.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Any application with CV not structured in the given format will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
- Ongoing Recruitment at Grundtvig Institute
- Private Tutor Job at Aquada Development Corporation
- Training Officer Job at Credit Registry Services
- School Nursery and Basic Section Teacher Recruitment
- Business Studies / Accounts Teacher Recruitment at Stee Cambridge College
- Ongoing Recruitment at Grace and Mercy College
- Current Recruitment at Prime Montessori School
- Class Teacher Recruitment at Heritage Montessori School
- Teacher (ICT and Computing) Job at Roemichs International School
- Teachers Recruitment at Chelis Education Consult Limited