Gender Based Violence (GBV) Coordinator Job at Medecins du Monde
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Position: Gender Based Violence (GBV) Coordinator (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Fixed-term Contract (6 Months)
- As the GBV coordinator, you will be responsible of ensuring GBV activities are integrated within the medical services package delivered through mobile clinics to IDPs and host population.
- You will define MdM strategy for the response to GBV in Nigeria in close collaboration with the General Coordinator, the Medical Coordinator and the GBV Desk Officer.
More specifically you will ensure:
Organization, Coordination and Supervision of GBV Activities:
- Prepare and contextualize GBV policy documents based on global best practice and local law and context for MdM Nigeria.
- Follow-up the implementation of GBV activities, in close collaboration with the medical department and other GBV actors.
- Ensure the quality of activities through regular monitoring and technical support, data collection and management, and provide guidance in case of difficulties.
- Carry out and update a mapping of all actors responding to GBV and develop a strong network to foster information exchange and synergies.
- Lead on coordination with other actors to ensure safe referral for GBV Survivors and make sure MdM internal referral pathway respect the guiding principles of the response to GBV.
- Actively participate to coordination efforts with GBV actors (ex: GBV sub cluster).
- Identify a national partner, formalize the partnership (MoU) for the implementation of the “sensitization / awareness raising” component and provide technical support.
- Coordinate the community mobilization activities in close collaboration with our partner, GBV actors as well as other stakeholders (ex: community leaders …)
- Coordinate the definition of the communication strategy and communication mediums (radio, press, posters, leaflets…)
- Ensure the capitalization of MdM GBV component implementation.
- Take part, if necessary, with the MdM team, partners or other actors to advocacy activities.
Reporting, Information Management, Coordination/Representation:
- Increase and enhance program monitoring and evaluation, and determining impact, wherever possible, including the use of standard indicators
- Share to the General Coordinator, the Medical Coordinator and the medical department any difficulties met in the field and propose solutions or adjustments.
- Participate to internal MdM meetings Participate to the GBV sub sectors meetings and actively contribute to coordination efforts.
- If needed, participate to meetings with the State Ministry of Health or other stakeholders involved in GBV.
- Contribute to MdM monthly report and bimonthly sitrep.
- Contribute to the preparation of new proposals or reports to donors.
Human Resource, Capacity Building/Training:
- Define the job descriptions and supervise, in close collaboration with the admin department, the recruitment of the GBV team.
- Identify the capacity building needs of MdM and partner’s team related to GBV and provide trainings.
- Organize and/or facilitate trainings on the response to GBV, in line with MdM training materials available.
- Provide technical support to MdM partner for the good implementation of the “sensitization / awareness raising” component or any relevant topic related to MdM GBV strategy.
- Collaborate with the medical team and particularly the sexual and reproductive health department of MdM to set up trainings and follow-up of the activities and the quality of the medical care for victims of GBV.
- Collaborate with the Mental Health and Psychosocial Coordinator in order to define and implement psychosocial care of GBV survivors.
- A Master's Degree in relevant field (Public Health, Social Work, Development Studies, Humanitarian Affairs, or related Social Sciences disciplines)
- Demonstrated 2-3 years professional experience in humanitarian settings, including at least 1 year of direct program management of Protection/GBV programs in the field. Experience with GBV programming and implementation is required.
- Individual and group training skills in GBV and SEA.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and foster a team environment.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication and coordination skills.
- Excellent project design and proposal development skills and developing tools for cross-organizational sharing of best practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good sense of diplomacy and understanding of international global political issues.
- Excellent knowledge of IASC GBV Guidelines and ability to implement GBV mainstreaming in accordance with the guidelines.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in providing/leading direct services to survivors of gender-based violence using a survivor-centered and multi-sectoral approach.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in implementing primary prevention of violence against women and girls
- Good knowledge of WHO ethical data sharing guidelines
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office.
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
- Head / Senior Nurse Job at Lagos Executive Cardiovascular Clinic
- Executive Secretary
- Job Vacancies at The U.S Consulate General in Lagos and U.S. Embassy in Abuja
- Latest Job Opportunities at Women Friendly Initiative (WFI)
- Policy Support Lead Job at Gender Mobile Initiative
- Emergency Response Manager Job at Plan International
- Senior Human Resources Officer at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Health Services / Quality Assurance Officer
- Medical Laboratory Technician Job at Wellness Healthcare Limited
- COVID-19 Laboratory Manager Job at Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)