Head, Business Development Job at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client is a widely recognised Specialist Life Assurance Company in Nigeria, serving thousands of customers with bespoke insurance products tailored for each phase of their lives. The company is aimed at improving the quality of life of clients by providing prompt and quality insurance service delivery. They offer a range of insurance products such as annuity, investment plans, group life plans and much more.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client to fill the position below:
Job Position: Head, Business Development
Reference Number: 130-PEO00902
Job Location: Lagos
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the MD/CEO.
- This individual will be responsible for managing the organisations business development, ensuring consistent and rapid growth in sales across all channels.
- In addition, he/she will build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Continually develop the Company’s brand and building increasing awareness in the market place
- Develop and manage relationships with potential clients, influencers and key stakeholders
- Screen potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Protect the organisation's value by keeping information confidential.
- Oversee the day to day management of the business development team.
- Devise strategies for driving sales growth across the business.
- Analyse existing approaches to the development of business and make changes where appropriate.
- Set targets for new business development for the business development managers and executives.
- Implement new business initiatives across the new business and sales teams.
- Work closely with members of the team to generate new businesses
- Identify sales opportunities as a result of market changes.
- Set up meetings with prospective customers to sell the company’s products and services.
- Implement sales incentives to drive sales performance within the team.
- Act as a key contact for large accounts.
- Form strategic partnerships with other companies to leverage their existing network.
- Set tough but achievable revenue targets for the business development managers.
- Negotiate sales contracts with customers and ensure product profitability.
- Work with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business teams.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with existing clients to ensure service delivery.
Qualification & Experience
- An advanced Degree in Marketing or an MBA or MPA strongly preferred
- HND or B.Sc. in Marketing and relevant professional qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years cumulative relevant experience with at least 10 years in Marketing.
- Experience in the Insurance Industry an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies:
- Result Orientation/ Drive for results
- Conflict and/or negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Decision making
- Good communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Numerical/Arithmetical Ability
- Strategic thinking
- Previous experience working in a senior business development role for a similar company.
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth.
- Natural leader and motivator of sales and business development teams.
- Ambitious and target focused with a drive to succeed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill at all levels
- Demonstrable influencing skills
- Strong negotiating skills in marketing
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Able to deal with varied tasks and to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
- Able to work effectively and responsibly without close supervision
- Capable of agile thinking to provide fast, accurate answers to questions
- Able to lead a team and be a member of a leadership team
- Experience in use of computer software applications.
- Brand Manager Job at Viju Industries Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Executive Job at Shivtech Limited
- Sales Representative Job at a reputable company
- Business Promoter Job at Fort Knox Resourcing & Outsourcing Limited
- Sales Representative Job at BitPesa
- Hamilton Lloyd and Associates Recruitment for Business Development Manager - Automobile
- Sales Representative Job at Whiteboard HR
- Female Sales Representative Job at Coinbox limited
- Key Account Manager Job at Coinbox limited
- Direct Field Sales Representative at ProEvent.ng