Health Information System Specialist Job at Management Sciences for Health
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Health Information System Specialist - Database/Server Administrator
Job ID: 13-10720
Job Location: Abuja
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director, HMIS
- The Database/Server Administrator evaluates, designs, implements and maintains databases, and provides software-related technical support; provides backup support with server administration, user account maintenance, network security, system documentation, and help-desk support functions; and participates in planning and implementation of upgrades and technology enhancements.
- He/She produces routine daily, monthly and special reports and is also responsible for basic database system modifications in response to needs and day-to-day system integrity, including recommending strategies to ensure data integrity.
- Design a web-based application/platform which serves as a central repository for all data, information and reports.
- Design, develop and maintain data exchange interfaces and mechanisms with external partners and data collection focal points;
- Plan and coordinate day-to-day operational activities and tasks related to the improvement of existing technical databases, data warehouse, web services, web applications and modules according to the strategic plan and client requests;
- Continuously analyse data collection and management systems, as well as content quality, identify gaps and problems, and suggest solutions;
- Implement GIS server and client online mapping in order to provide strong visualization of data from the warehouse;
- Liaise with partner organizations and collaborating centres regarding information exchange and harmonization of data management systems;
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operating procedures, user guides and more.
- Works with IT colleagues to ensure hardware, software and security details of the systems work together to support the data structures, use and successful retrieval of all data.
- Train staff on the use of the standard software applications/databases, as needed.
- Develops and produces accurate and timely routine and special reports, and perform data retrievals for staff as needed, and is the point person for managing custom reporting requests
- Oversees day-to-day integrity of database and database procedures, which may include conducting weekly and monthly audits of data to confirm use of accurate entry processes; identifying and eliminating duplicate records; archiving of records with no activity for specified period; and maintaining users security settings.
- Ensure 24/7 availability of databases, establish and implement back up procedures for data on the servers
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for new DHIS 2 projects.
- Coordinate DHIS 2 configuration development for multiple projects
- Test and modify system installations to ensure that that they operate reliably.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Provide SQL administration in live and test environments.
- Find, diagnose, report and fix bugs and other technical problems.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide troubleshooting for the NHMIS.
- Remains informed on software updates, upgrades and additional services
Qualifications and Experience
The Database Administrator requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and certification in Database Management plus at least 5 years of experience in managing complex databases within an organization.
- Knowledge and ability to provide principles and processes for providing excellent user services which includes user needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
- Advanced database management skills in DHIS2, Systems analysis, design, implementation, integration of databases and migration of data into DHIS2
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Experience in IT hardware management, server management, and data security management, capacity building, data analysis and use of information and performance management
- DHIS2 Server Administration Certification
- DHIS2 Web Apps Development Certification
- Expert Setting up SSL and Firewalls
- Experience setting up and managing cloud servers
- Experience managing a national database
- Must possess verifiable experience using Postgresql DB
- Experience setting up mobile data collection on DHIS2 (Tracker, Events and Aggregate)
- Strong English writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in email correspondence
- Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
- IT Outsourcing Supervisor Job at Netcom Africa
- Graduate Linux System Administrator Recruitment at eHealth4everyone Limited
- Oracle Systems Implementation Officer Job at Dataflex
- Junior Network Engineer Job at Venture Garden Nigeria
- Head, Information Technology Job at Egbin Power Plc
- Network Manager Job at TIJMAF INNOVATION SERVICES
- System/Network Engineer Job at Netcom Africa
- Business Development Manager (IT Software) Job at PG Consulting
- ICT Instructor/Trainer Recruitment at Bluescripts IT Academy Limited
- ICT Teacher (Robotics & Coding) Job at Eden Solutions & Resources Limited