HIV Programme Officer Job at Abt Associates
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it's welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world's most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask "What if?" We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: HIV Programme Officer
Job Identification: 102758
Job Location: Kano, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Category: Program Delivery
Project: Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project
- The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems as a means to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being.
- Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards.
- LHSS’s Nigeria activity will support the Government of Nigeria in three states (Nasarawa, Plateau and Zamfara) to expand sustainable pro-poor health financing options to reduce health inequalities, improve access to essential health services for the most vulnerable populations, and increase government expenditure on health services for greater sustainability of health service delivery.
- The project will also support HIV/AIDS financing in Lagos State.
The activity has five objectives:
- Increase financial risk protection
- Improve population health coverage
- Increase number of fully functional facilities
- Increase utilization of state health insurance schemes for HIV/AIDS and TB services
- Increase government funding for HIV/AIDs and TB services
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The HIV Program Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support program implementation to increase the utilization of social health protection programs (i.e., Basic Health Care Provision fund and state health equity fund schemes) to improve access to HIV services for the most vulnerable populations.
- Support the state-level advocacy efforts to increase HIV funding and expenditures, with a focus on the vulnerable populations and social inclusion.
- Provide technical support for the operationalization of HIV testing services and the tracking of enrolment and delivery of HIV services in health facilities.
- Provide technical support for the collection of data, and reporting on indicators as part of LHSS MEL activities.
- Provide technical assistance to KSMOH, KSCHMA, KHETFUND, KSACA and KSASACP on HIV integration activities and DRM.
- Lead the planning and implementation of state level events (meetings, trainings, workshops etc.) and coordination with other development partners and stakeholders
- Participate in relevant meetings, technical working groups etc. and develop meeting summaries.
- Contribute to the work planning process and quarterly report writing
- Work with the finance and administration team to provide support at the state level on operations including but not limited to logistics, procurement, subcontracts, grants and program activity logistics
- Conduct other tasks as assigned by the LHSS Nigeria team.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Two (2) years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Humanities, or related Social Sciences and at least 4+ years relevant work experience in a related field.
- Experience with international development and donor-funded programs. Familiarity with USAID-funded projects will be an advantage.
- Willingness to develop progressive competence in the field of health system strengthening and health financing is preferred.
- Proven professional knowledge of MS Office applications and appropriate organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Progressive demonstrated experience working with project operations, including, procurement, subcontracts, grants, activity budgets and activity logistics preferably supporting USAID funded programs in Nigeria at the state level.
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Disclaimer - Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
- Registered Nurse Job at Wellness Healthcare Limited
- Job Openings at DEDA Hospital
- Consultant Gynaecologist at Kelina Hospital
- Media Manager at Kelina Hospital
- Radiographer at Kelina Hospital
- Accountant at Kelina Hospital
- Maintenance Engineer at Kelina Hospital
- Head of Operations at Kelina Hospital
- Job Openings at Vedic Lifecare Hospital
- Job Vacancies at MetroHealth HMO Limited