Human Resources Assistant Job at The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resources Assistant
Job Location: FCT Abuja
Category: Human Resources
Grade: GS - 4
Duration of Contract: Two Months
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Slot: 4 Openings
Context, Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Associate Human Resources Officer, the incumbent shall carry out the responsibilities below:
- Provide clerical support in the recruitment, assignment, reassignment and separation of local general service staff.
- Assist in processing local staff members’ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Provide advice to staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements according to the UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, arrange travel and hotel reservations. Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section.
- Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations, as well as security evacuations/relocations.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of secondary education.
- Minimum 4 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP.
- Human Resources and Client Management Manager Job at Zercom Systems
- HR Intern Recruitment at Romanspage Global
- Human Resources Group Head Recruitment at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Human Resource Business Partner Job at Proten International
- Human Resources Officer Job at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- HR Business Partner Job at Ralds & Agate
- Human Resources Manager Job at Mercy Corps
- Human Resources and Training Officer Job at Emplug
- HR Operations Assistant Job at Weco Systems International Ltd
- Recruitment Manager Job at Teju Industries Limited