ICT and Digital Tools Officer Job at Agridrive
Agridrive Limited is a social enterprise specialising in mechanisation and digital agriculture. It is an agritech company working with farmers to unlock agribusiness opportunities in Africa and whose philosophy is anchored on creating business opportunities for these farmers by developing quality products and services as well as new markets. It is headquartered in lbadan, Nigeria and has operations in Kenya, Uganda and Zambia
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: ICT and Digital Tools Officer
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Business Strategy and Innovation, the officer will be responsible for ensuring reliable local communications and support the adoption and rollout of any new technology required to implement company activities
- S/he will provide technical and administrative support on the use of Drones, Agridrive App, and Market Information Support System (MISS) CAMAP to facilitate and aid detailed evaluation and quick analysis of field crop performance.
- S/he will oversee operations of the digital tools like drones, mobile applications, social media and related applications, virtual goods, as well as web-based information management and marketing.
- The officer will also interpret information generated from the Drones and Digital Apps to develop education materials for farmers and stakeholders for increased productivity and creation of wealth.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Maintain and troubleshoot all network and computer related issues including integrating security, physical control solutions for all confidential data and system
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- Integrate and configure computer networking for best performance and troubleshoot and repair of hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks including identifying security gaps and provide relevant solutions in consultation with the Managing Director;
- Test and evaluate all new technology including M&E systems e.g. database systems, websites etc.;
- In collaboration with ICT Partner and MEL Unit, develop participatory strategies and tools for monitoring and evaluating Agridrive Ltd performance;
- Enhance office IT system through appropriate upgrades and advise Operations Unit on changes or improvements required;
- Facilitate the integration of drones into African agricultural systems for aerial monitoring to generate robust field data for strong analytics of crop cycles in selected fields (from planting through harvest) for efficient input utilization and agronomic management of the crop.
- Promote awareness, utilization, and commercialization of drones, Agridrive App and MISS CAMAP as major tools to improve sustainable production efficiency on fanners’ fields.
- Use digital tools to identify field challenges to fast track the development of solution or response plan to mitigate effects.
- Monitor crop health (pests and diseases), agronomic operational efficiency (planting, weed management and pesticide application), plant population and nutritional deficiency indices (assessed through plant stress and plant physiological surveys using data from multispectral images),. land degradation including the identification of soil erosion and ‘dead zones’ caused by low soil fertility, livestock damage to the crop and farm metrics (plant density, soil types, gradient of the farm, farm size, area ploughed, harrowed, and planted and application of herbicide and pesticide for weeds and pest control).
- Avail to farmers a robust system/platform for sorting and reporting information generated from drones, Agridrive App and MISS CAMAP.
- Ensure coordination and implementation of digital tools development activities, and action plans to support Agridrive i.e.; identification and conducting of training on digital tools and inform market linkages for digital tools (identification of suitable project partners and developing commercializion pathway for projects).
Impact of Results:
- The key results have impact on Agridrive’ corporate brand positioning, visibility and reputation, including overall success with implementation of Agridrive business strategy and initiatives.
- M.Sc / B.Sc in Computer Science, ICT, Digital Marketing, Programming, Systems Development, or any other related and equivalent disciplines from a recognized institution; Relevant Training in digital tools and apps will be an added advantage.
- At least Five (5) years experience in use of digital tools and marketing. Experience in agricultural value chains would be an added advantage.
- Documented experience in using digital applications for decision support systems.
- Hands on experience with project management software, like MS Project and at task
- Familiarity with content management system HTML / CSS
- Be a certified drone pilot
- Understanding of SEO, Google Analytics and use of software.
- Ability to work with digital tools, Apps and social media. Knowledge of digital agriculture tools would be an added advantage.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with key constituents (funders, research institutions, media, government institutions, etc.).
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-sectoral environment.
- High-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity.
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and treat individuals with fairness and respect.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of French would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly indicate on the email subject: "ICT and Digital Tools Officer".
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Agridrive is an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified Female and Male candidates from all religious and ethnic background and any other diversity groups to apply and becomes a part of our organisation.
- IT Consultant Recruitment at Viamo
- IT Administrator Job at ProCloud Prostars Limited (PPL)
- Role Model School Recruitment for ICT Personnel
- IT Security Engineer Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- Networking Officer Job at Farm Radio International
- ERP Cloud Applications Sales Representative Job at Oracle
- Nationwide Field & Tele Sales Agents Opening
- Information Management Officer Job at iMMAP
- Graphic Designer and Videographer Job at CareerXpress
- Job Vacancies at Beacongate Limited