IT Data Collection and Database Manager Job at Management Systems International
Management Systems International - A Tetra Tech Company, is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. and founded in 1981 by Marina Fanning and Larry Cooley. In 2016, MSI became a Tetra Tech company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: IT Data Collection and Database Manager, Nigeria Monitoring Project
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Local Staff
Job Classification: Project
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP).
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
- The Data Collection Analyst will provide technical advice, assistance, and guidance to the program office, technical teams and implementing partners on issues related to the Mission's monitoring and evaluation activities for the Abuja and Maiduguri offices.
- The Data Collection Analyst will play a significant role in helping to manage all datasets and data systems.
- The Data Collection Analyst will also play an integral role in the drafting, editing and quality control of Third-Party Monitoring reports, studies, and other NMP reporting deliverables.
- The position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) with oversight provided by the Strategic Information Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, political science, international development, social sciences, statistics or related fields is required. Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded projects (e.g. USAID, DFID, etc.) or related sector program management, and technical/monitoring and evaluation skills are required
- Experience in strategic planning, design and application of methods and strategies to produce, analyze and use data, and share/communicate information with a variety of actors in different environments required
- Experience with common statistical packages, such as STATA, R, SPSS, SAS and power user knowledge of Excel required
- Must have strong inter-personal skills such as communication, negotiation, representational and program/project management and coordination, time management, quantitative and analytical skills with ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively with professionals required
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English are required
- Create and manage project datasets
- Produce monthly and quarterly statistical and analysis reports
- Respond to routine and ad hoc data inquires
- Perform data quality control reviews
- Develop draft data visualization products
- Assist in the creation and review of NMP data collection instruments and data collection plans
- Provide advice to NMP management on data collection and reporting methodologies, systemic flaws
- Support the development of systems that produce consistent, cost-effective, reliable, and timely data and reports.
- Support the development of products to disseminate findings, conclusions and recommendations in a format that is user-friendly and suitable for collaboration, learning and adaptation
- Assist the DCOP and COP with other duties as required
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No phone calls, please.
- Card Printing and Graphic Assistant Job at Electronic PayPlus Limited
- System Auditor Job at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Creative & User Interface Designer Job at Crowdyvest
- Education Portal Administrator Job at NetPro International Limited
- IT Solutions Developer Job at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Head Fintech and IT Manager Job at Swiss Credit Limited
- Junior IT Officer and Graphics Designer
- Head of Information Technology Job at Obeledu Microfinance Bank Limited
- IT Systems Auditor Job at Jofad Consulting Limited
- Database Administrator Job at Syrol Technologies