IT Desktop Support Analyst
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Position: IT Desktop Support Analyst
Job Location: Nigeria
Job Grade: Officer
Line Manager: IT Manager
- The Role of the Desktop Support Analyst is to maintain and operate computer systems and/or network. The duties of an IT support analyst are wide-ranging and vary widely from one organization to another. The IT Support team is charged with installing, supporting and maintaining desktop computing systems; planning for and responding to service outages and other problems that may arise.
- To perform the job well, the role holder must demonstrate a blend of technical skills in desktop operating systems
- Technologies, system administration and use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Other duties may include: End user education and IT Project implementation.
- Provide first level technology support and escalate issues to Tier 2 and 3 support when necessary
- Monitor and evaluate data network infrastructure: Switches, routers, data network devices, network links, GSM boosters, PBX, IP telephones and implement changes as required to improve performance.
- Monitor and evaluate voice network infrastructure: IP PBX, IP Phones, VoIP gateways, E1 lines and implement changes as required to improve performance.
- Interface with 3rd party service providers.
- Provide periodic reporting of IT Support operations.
- Good Knowledge of windows 2008 Server operating system and Network Infrastructure (Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, File Services, etc.)
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of windows based applications and their interaction with the underlying operating system environment (Registry, System Services, Component application subsystem etc.)
- Dexterity in setting up and managing switches and routers
- Good report writing skills
- Good IT process understanding
- Very good problem solving skills – frequently under various sorts of constraints and stress
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science/Engineering
- 0 – 3 years qualitative experience in technology deployment or support
- Certifications will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skill, ability to work virtually, fluency in English as a contract language.
- Highly analytical, hard-working,
- Creative & Logical,
- Organized, Professional conduct,
- Good interpersonal skills
- 2nd and 3rd Tier IT Support team
- 3rd party service providers
- Sahara Group staff
- Other Stakeholders
- IT Officer Job at Paykobo
- System Engineer Job at Proxynet Communications
- Computer Technician Job at Agiville Industries Limited
- IT Analyst Job at BOUNTY PRAISE STEEL CONSTRUCTION LIMITED
- IT Manager Job at Tempkers
- Specialist - Data and AI Recruitment at Microsoft Nigeria
- Mobile App Developer (IOS Swift) Job at LONGBRIDGE
- Head, Information Technology Job at Above Only Microfianance Bank
- IT Administrator Job at Cerebro
- IT Support Technician Recruitment at Netcom Africa