IT Officer at NERI
orth East Regional Initiative (NERI) - An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
- In support of the operational set-up of the Abuja office, Creative requires the services of an Information Technology Officer (IT Officer).
- The IT Officer will be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of all IT-related hardware and software, will oversee server administration and will troubleshoot all IT-related activities on the ground.
- This position is based in Abuja and travel to the state offices may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The IT Officer reports to the Operations Manager.
- Provide technical set-up and needed support on all IT related issues, including installation and testing of workstations, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration
- Implement and document network operations, processes, and procedures
- Deploy and implement office network according to HQ specifications
- Serve as the office Network Administrator
- Identify and solve possible problems in the network
- Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, Internet connection, etc.
- Supervise and follow-up on equipment maintenance performed by other contractors
- Support and troubleshoot users in the Abuja office on their daily work
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources
- Participate in writing IT office policy
- Responsible for IT inventory; work closely with the DCOP and procurement team to monitor distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a yearly inventory check-up
- Set up, implement, and maintain hardware firewall
- Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates
- Coordinate with Creative/DC IT support staff to identify and troubleshoot problems
- Any other IT-related work as required
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience
- Minimum two years of experience working with international organizations.
- Fluency in English and in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to email before the closing date above:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter; AND
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350,
ATTN: Human Resources Office,
Note: Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- IT Outsourcing Supervisor Job at Netcom Africa
- Graduate Linux System Administrator Recruitment at eHealth4everyone Limited
- Oracle Systems Implementation Officer Job at Dataflex
- Junior Network Engineer Job at Venture Garden Nigeria
- Head, Information Technology Job at Egbin Power Plc
- Network Manager Job at TIJMAF INNOVATION SERVICES
- System/Network Engineer Job at Netcom Africa
- Business Development Manager (IT Software) Job at PG Consulting
- ICT Instructor/Trainer Recruitment at Bluescripts IT Academy Limited
- ICT Teacher (Robotics & Coding) Job at Eden Solutions & Resources Limited