Lecturer II (Crop Production and Protection) Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University
The Obafemi Awolowo University is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as The University of Ife. The University is situated on a vast expanse of land totaling 11,861 hectares in Ile-Ife, Osun State, southwest of Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Lecturer II
Job Location: Ile-Ife, Osun
Department: Crop Production and Protection
Area of Specialization: Insect Biocontrol, Crop Physiology, Agroclimatology, Plant Breeding and Genetics, Agronomy/Insect Ecology
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates applying for this position are expected to possess a first degree with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) and a doctorate degree in their respective fields from recognized Universities.
- Candidate must also have the ability to teach courses at the undergraduate level with evidence of practical skills and competence.
- Evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals will be an advantage.
- Candidates applying for this position must not be above 35 years of age.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 25 copies of their Applications and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae giving the following information in order as listed below:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters).
- Post Applied for (State the Department/Unit)
- Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit).
- State of Origin, Senatorial District and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian)
- Permanent Home Address.
- Current Postal Address / including G.S.M. Telephone number and E-mail Address.
- Marital Status.
- Number of Children and their Ages.
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic/Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials).
- Work Experience with dates.
- Present Employment, Status and Salary (if any).
- Research interests and activities
- Conferences / courses attended (state titles of papers presented if any).
- Professional accomplishment.
- Publications with date.
- Service to national and international bodies.
- Extra-Curricular Activities.
- Any physical challenge?
- Names and address of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with Candidates’ academic/work experience.
Applications and Curriculum Vitae of all interested candidates are to be forwarded to the address below:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Ile-Ife - Osun State.
“For the attention of Director of Personnel Affairs"
- Candidates applying for this position are advised to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar. The reports should be duly marked “Confidential”.
- Only the applications of short- listed candidates will be acknowledged.
- Agricultural Extension Service Officer Recruitment
- Farm Manager Job at JADEK Farm
- Teachers Recruitment at a reputable school
- School Head Teacher Job at Pleasant Heights School
- English and Literature in English Teacher Recruitment
- English Language and Literature Teacher Recruitment
- Maths and Physics Teacher Job at Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS)
- Agronomist Job at Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD)
- Farm Manager Job at Elifel Farms
- Agriculture General Manager Job at Pivotage Consulting