Livelihood Assistant Job at The International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Livelihood Assistant
Requisition ID: req5681
Job Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The Livelihood Assistant will support the technical implementation of the cash transfer project. Support in conducting relevant assessment such as baseline, end line and post distribution monitoring. Carry out community mobilization and sensitization.
- Support the distribution of cash to beneficiaries
- Carry out community mobilisation and sensitizations on cash transfer.
- Conduct post distribution monitoring and Focus Group Discussions
- Document field achievements, challenges and lessons learned to integrate into project activities
- Support the preparation of project reports on cash transfer activities
- Perform other activities as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor or ERD team
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Livelihoods Officer
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics or any relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in providing technical supports on cash and livelihoods programing
- Experience working with INGO/NGO in Borno state
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Technical skills in cash and livelihoods programming
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Experience in community and stakeholders relationship building and management .
- Fluency in English Language both written and spoken is required and Hausa language is mandatory
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Project Team Analyst
- Project Management Trainee Recruitment at Brookstone Property Limited
- Technical Manager Job at Pathfinder International
- Operations Officer Job at Palladium Group
- Head of Programs Job at Oxfam
- Associate Development Coordination Officer Job at The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- Project Associate Job at Vesta Healthcare
- Product Coordinator Job at Andela Nigeria
- Head of Operations Job at vasiti.com
- Head of Operations Jumia Pay, West Africa Job at Jumia Nigeria