Logistics Assistant Job at GOALPrime Organization Nigeria
GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Logistics Assistant
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months (renewable)
- To be successful in this role we expect you to provide support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guideline
- Under the supervision and direction of the Logistics Officer, the incumbent (the Logistics Assistant) shall provide support to the program by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual
Under the supervision of the Logistics Officer - Support Assets Management:
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for Maiduguri Office, including all Borno field bases, in line with the Assets recording system for the country program.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paper work exists as per the GPON policy.
- Ensure that all assets are properly maintained and looked after. Any misuse and abuse are reported to the Logistics Officer, Logistics Coordinator.
Support Transportation- Under the supervision of the Logistics Officer:
- Support the management of the transport fleet & generators of GPON offices.
- Arrange for transportation of goods as required and ensure accurate documentation maintained.
- Arrange for the distribution of program supplies as per plan and coordinate with program teams.
- Ensure management, tracking, maintenance, and reporting of all GPON vehicles & generators in all GPON offices according to GPON policy.
- Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with the logistics Coordinator.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage, and spares expenditures by vehicle& generators for review, general reporting, and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Any other duties or tasks delegated by your supervisor.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- 1-2 years of experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Resourceful in Inventory Management & Commodity Accounting and Tracking
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
- Understanding and experience of security management.
- Experience in working with an (I)NGO in similar function
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
- Logistics Sales Executive Job at OMOROY
- Job Openings at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Logistics / Welfare Lead Job at Del-York Agency
- Logistics & Supply Chain Manager Job at Nutri K Limited
- Import and Export Officer Job at Phillips Outsourcing Limited
- Logistics Manager Job at Fastest Cakes
- Field Support Supervisor
- Facility Management and Logistics Advisor Job at Palladium
- Fleet Officer Job at Catholic Relief Services
- Logistics Manager Job at Dispatch Healthcare International Logistics Limited