MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
The Media and Communications Officer will develop content for and promote Tongston’s work through traditional and social media platforms, manage the brand image for Tongston, drive and implement Tongston’s marketing, PR and branding strategy. The officer will support the development and implementation of the business prospecting plan, manage the Company’s stakeholder relationships, handle memberships for Tongston Group to various relevant associations, groups and organizations and conduct business, market research and user surveys.
Job Title: Media and Communications Officer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive Tongston’s competitive positioning through public relations and marketing strategies
- Develop and implement Tongston’s PR and branding strategy.
- Organising and running marketing campaigns over social media platforms (such as: Facebook, Twitter, Website, Blog, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube).
- Creating content, including text posts, video and images for use on social and traditional media.
- Manage development of website, and corporate branding materials.
- Regular posting on social media platforms.
- Creating scripts for marketing and promotional videos and materials.
- Managing Tongston’s website and blog.
- Promoting products, services and content over social and traditional media, in a way that is consistent with Tongston’s brand and strategy.
- Interacting with customers, partners, stakeholders and dealing with inquiries.
- Developing new social media strategies and campaigns.
- Managing a budget to be spent on promoting social media posts and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
- Keeping track of data and analysing the performance of social media campaigns.
- Collaborating with marketing and business development colleagues to ensure branding is consistent.
- Sourcing and engaging key stakeholders (such as social media influencers).
- Working closely with the business development team to manage and implement business case and prospecting plan.
- Develop pitchbooks, promotional videos/material and other marketing literature.
- Develop, maintain and manage a comprehensive stakeholder database.
- Engage ministries, departments and agencies. and various private sector players to drive the visibility and endorsement of Tongston’s products and services.
- Handle memberships for Tongston Group to various relevant associations, groups and organizations.
- Conduct business, market research and user surveys.
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and clients.
- Conceptualise, organise, manage and implement all Tongston’s events and marketing activities.
Education & Experience
- A university degree in English, communications, marketing, business management or a related field of study.
- An understanding of social media marketing.
- Existing experience running one or several social media platforms.
- Demonstrable track record in handling social media campaigns.
- Understanding of website management, graphic design skills and search engine optimizaton.
- Proficiency in key applications (MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Corel Draw, Adobe Systems and any other required applications).
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs, Outlook).
Skills & Competence
- Creativity, Innovation and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Organization and Planning.
- Advanced communication and business writing skills.
- Strong script writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines regularly.
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills will be an asset.
- Marketing Officer Job at Sifax Group
- Digital Marketer Job at Elvees Engineering Limited
- Field Marketing Officer Job at a reputable company
- MBA Marketing Officer Job at Lagos Business school
- Product Marketing Manager Job at Google Nigeria
- Fashion Sales / Marketing Officer Job at Tempkers
- Admin / Marketing Officer Job at Tempkers
- Content Writer / Social Media Intern Recruitment at a reputable company
- Business Development / Marketing Executive Recruitment
- Brand Manager / Creative Manager Job at Karisa Consults Limited