Medical Logistics Officer Job at Emergency Healthcare Consultants (EHCON)
Emergency Healthcare Consultants (EHCON) is a healthcare consulting company based in Lagos, Nigeria. EHCON focuses on emergency and critical care development through the whole spectrum of care from the prehospital setting to intensive care. EHCON's core team of trained emergency care specialists have expertise in medical education, point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS), EMT curriculum design and training, health policy and emergency care system design.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Medical Logistics Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Working Schedule: 8am - 5pm daily with alternate Saturdays.
1st Reporting Line: EHCON Medical Director
2nd Reporting Line: EHCON CEO - Dr Abiola Fasina
Core Working Relationships / Key Stakeholder
- Medical Directors,
- Clinical and Operations staff at the Isolation Center,
- Biomedical engineer
- As a medical logistics officer, you will be responsible for organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
- Take leadership in the supply chain management for medicines and medical supplies – procurement, storage, dispatch to appropriate quarters, loss management and reporting.
- On a day-to-day basis, carry out a variety of functions required to ensure the logistical needs of the centre are met and that all logistical activities are delivered efficiently, accurately and on-time.
- All activities are carried out in line with standard guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure proper safety standard for all logistic appliances used at the centre and assess future equipment needs for the centre. Assist in the implementation of operational plans, policies, strategies and equipment standards for the centre and develop training modules relevant for the staff.
- Develop tools and supervisory checklist for monitoring, supervision and evaluation of all logistics and supply chain management elements.
- The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Track inventory, generate and track procurement order and deliveries
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Generate appropriate spreadsheets for proper record of inventory
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Arrange store, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained
- Ensure adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews;
- Coordinate and provide logistics support to ongoing operations
- Develop logistical plans for current operations and logistics contingency plans
- Develop and execute tools and methodologies to enable effective implementation of logistic plans
- Identify added logistic training requirements to attain high working standards
- Identify, mobilise resources, implement and report on special logistics operations
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- HND/B. Sc in any field ( corp member can also apply)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient in standard logistics software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to generate and track Spreadsheets
- At least one year working experience in a transport/logistics operation and management
- Be a self-starter with attention to detail
- Must be flexible, organized, and function well under pressure.
- Be fluent in English
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Previous experience in a medical practice desired
- Should be comfortable working at Medical Centre
- Dispatcher Job at Medexia Limited
- Dispatch Rider Job at AT & A Group
- Fleet & Logistics Manager Job at DRYVA Logistics
- Logistics Officer Job at Action Against Hunger
- Logistics Supervisor Job at Babban Gona
- Logistics Officer Job at Christian Aid
- Dispatch Rider Job at Invent Alliance Limited
- Fleet Manager Job at DRYVA Logistics
- Delivery Personnel Job at Destiny Media
- Dispatch Rider Job at Viliangel