Nutritionist Job at United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Nutritionist
Requisition ID: 685192
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To provide support to nutrition programmes and activities to contribute to meeting the nutritional needs of WFP beneficiaries.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the development of nutrition projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidance.
- Track and analyse data to provide input into reporting activities and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency, and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined nutrition projects and activities, ensuring a co-ordinated approach with wider programmes/projects that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring/assessment systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Support the identification of potential partners and partnership negotiations to ensure a collaborative and holistic approach to meeting nutrition needs.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to nutrition needs for example the production and review of training materials.
- Guide more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Advanced University degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine or other relevant fields.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role:
- Experience and exposure to implementation of national/international development programmes.
- Experience working in public health/food security/ nutrition related activities.
- Experience identifying and defining nutrition issues/problems within a country.
Terms And Conditions
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position. (For G level positions, for NO level position candidates must be Nigerian Nationals)
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to the automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment.
- Medical Officer Job at Grandville Medical and Laser Clinic
- Pharmacy Coordinator Job at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- School Nurse Job at Total Child School
- Public Health Administrative Management Specialist Job at the U.S. Mission
- Ongoing Recruitment at Food Concepts
- Job Openings at Musada Hotels and Luxury Suites
- Medical Doctor Job at AGC Limited
- Job Vacancies at Dreams by DV8 Hotel
- Job Vacancies at Plan International
- Pharmacist Job at Xplore Pharmacy