Operations Manager Job at Alexander George Consulting Services Limited
Alexander George Consulting Services Limited - Our client, a logistics / haulage group in Lagos, Nigeria, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Operations Manager
Job Location: Calabar, Calabar River
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for directing, coordinating, planning, and overseeing tasks and operations within his/her assigned locations.
- He/She would manage the operations team (including drivers), organize truck schedules & routes, ensure that vehicles meet all requirements, drive delivery promptness and completeness, and ensure that operations are profitable and efficient.
- Ensure drivers deliver the right quantity of clients’ products to their required location within the given time limit.
- Drive the achievement of established On Time Delivery (OTD) score for all trips.
- Ensure high standards of service delivery through the consistent application of recognized standards and established policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ensure that all trucks are road-worthy, fully utilized, and turnaround time (TAT) is maintained at all times.
- Liaise with the tracking unit for proper tracking of drivers in transit to ensure prompt and target time of delivery.
- Monitor the progress of drivers and serve as their first point of escalation from fleet officers should a problem arise.
- Constantly master all transport legislation and company procedures to ensure strict compliance by all location team members.
- Ensure that all vehicles are compliant with all legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements, and where necessary escalate and follow up on any identified issues for resolution.
- Liaise with the workshop manager to develop and implement a proactive, planned, and structured approach to the maintenance of fleet vehicles, keeping within the designated budget and ensuring all vehicles used are fit for purpose.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized tertiary institution
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in a similar position.
- Experience in a logistics or haulage company is compulsory
- IT literate and able to leverage software and hardware platforms to advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people.
- Ability to work with GPS-enabled software
- Commercially astute, and analytical with a high degree of numeracy.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: email@example.com using the Job Position applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Female Front Desk Officer Job at Tenstrings Music Institute
- Office Manager Job at Standard Electro-Medical Equipment Company
- Assistant Service Manager (Operations) Job at Intersect Consortium
- Front Office Supervisor 2 Job at Ibis Hotel
- HR / Admin Officer Job at KNN Corporate Services Limited
- Operations Officer Job at TruPurpose Job Shop Limited
- Front Office Executive Job at Choice Talents NG
- Administrative Service Manager Job at JD Autos Center
- Executive Assistant (Office of the Registrar / Vice President Administration) Job at American University of Nigeria
- Branch Manager Job at Revent Technologies Limited