Procurement and Logistics Officer Job at Women for Women International - Nigeria
Women for Women International (WfWI) - In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, WfWI has served over 500,000 women in 8 conflict-affected countries, including Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan. Since 2002, we have worked with over 20,000 men worldwide to support women’s rights and gender equality
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Job Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Finance and Logistics Manager
- The Procurement & Logistics Officer (P&LO) is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all Women for Women International - Nigeria procurement and logistics in accordance with organizational guidelines and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all Procurement complies with WfWI policy, guidelines and procedures, and specific donor requirements as applicable.
- Following approved Purchase Requisitions, prepare Request for Quotations, Public Tender Dossier (for high value orders), Comparative Bid Analysis, Purchase Order, etc.
- Work closely with the program staff in Nigeria to develop and implement quarterly procurement plans, in accordance with project activity plans, timelines based on annual budgets.
- Conduct regular market surveys on prices
- Participate in budget development to ensure coherence and accuracy in projecting the estimated prices and volume of required supplies and materials.
- Develop and maintain a database for suppliers /vendors for reference purposes.
- Develop and maintain a Contract Tracking Sheet that tracks all types of supplies /service contracts to ensure timely payments, renewals, amendments, etc., as needed.
- Responsible for assurance on supplies and ensure that Women for Women International is getting ‘value for money’ in all its purchases /services.
- Manage the WfWI Nigeria fleet of vehicles ensuring timely renewal of all required registration, licensing and insurance of vehicles.
- Oversee the rental of vehicles when necessary and according to established procurement procedures.
- Conduct monthly verification of Vehicle Mileage Logsheet and Fuel Consumption Analysis
- Oversee any country office vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Line manage all drivers, including conducting annual performance appraisals and managing administrative issues pertaining to time and attendance
Asset & Stock Management:
- Develop and oversee a centralized Asset Register for WfWI-Nigeria to ensure timely and accurate information on all assets at all times, including assignment of asset numbers to new items upon purchase, tracking the movement/assignment of items to, condition of assets, disposal of assets, etc.
- In coordination with WfWI Headquarters, oversee the timely and accurate insurance of all assets and property, through management of annual insurance contracts.
- Ensure that disposal of obsolete or damaged assets is properly approved and documented, and that any sale of assets is conducted according to WfWI policy guidelines and donor requirements, as applicable.
- Responsible for the management of office store with an efficient tracking system for monitoring stock levels to ensure that no disruption of supply occurs and that stocks get replenished as needed.
- Responsible for proper inventory control and preventative safeguards to prevent against loss, damage or theft of assets or stock.
- Ensure annual physical inventory check of all stocks and assets and update records accordingly.
Other assigned duties
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or any other related field
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, preferably within the INGO environment
- Extensive experience working in the procurement and logistics
- Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Strong understanding of procurement and negotiation techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with experience in networking and building relationships different strata of society
- Ability to take initiative and make independent decisions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria
- Fluency in English and Hausa languages
- Good computer skills with good working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter and 3 professional references to: email@example.com using "Procurement and Logistics Officer" as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries please.
- Dispatch Rider Job at Avant Halogen
- Procurement Officer Job at Prime Pharmacy and Superstores
- Supply Chain Manager Job at International Rescue Committee
- Entry Level Production / Procurement Officer Recruitment
- Procurement Officer Job at Moral Crown Limited
- Logistics Assistant Job at IO Furniture Limited
- Orient Global Manufacturing Limited Recruitment for Logistics Officer - Female
- Dispatch Rider Job at House of PUE
- Logistics / Maintenance Supervisor Job at Hamik Energy Limited
- Logistics Coordinator Job at Transport Services Limited