Procurement Associate Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Associate
Job ID: 13-10906
Job Location: Nigeria-Abuja
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Procurement Specialist
- The Procurement Associate will team up in the procurement unit to provide effective and efficient Procurement, Contract, Supplier Management, and logistical support to MSH by understanding and using both the MSH and the Global Fund Procurement and Operational Guidelines.
- Review accuracy and completeness of specifications of goods / services to be procured
- Support the preparation and issuance of Requests for Quotations, Invitation to Bids, Request for Proposals to potential bidders.
- Support development of draft contracts with for clearance and approval by management
- Assist the Procurement Specialist in the management of contracts, long-term agreements in accordance with MSH rules and regulation, procedures,
- Support the undertaking of market research to identify and recommend potential suppliers, facilitate the registration of new vendors and compile data / documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Support the preparation of Purchase Orders, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services.
- Contribute to negotiations with suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside the Procurement Specialist, in order to obtain the best value for MSH.
- Support the monitoring of performance of suppliers in reference to established Key Performance Indicators and take necessary steps to facilitate compliance to agreed contracts
- Support the research, collection and analysis of data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by the Procurement Unit, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting all requirements.
- Support the compilation of consolidated Procurement Plans on the basis of review of all Annual Work Plans.
- Compile logs for Request for Quotation, Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposal, Memorandum of Agreement, Memorandum of Understanding, Contracts, Long Term Agreement etc.
- Maintain up-to-date and complete records, documentation and filing of all procurement processes to support regular updates on procurement timelines and ensure regular communication within MSH of the expected delivery timelines.
- Maintain an accurate and updated supplier database in support of MSH procurement requirements showing current status including active, inactive or blacklisted suppliers.
- Familiarize with the use of various MSH procurement systems such as the QuickBooks.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by Management.
Qualifications and Experience
Required Minimum Education:
- A University degree in any field. A master’s degree will be an added advantage
Required Minimum Experience:
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the procurement
- Knowledge of and experience in GF and NGO Operational Rules and Regulations
- Proficiency in current MS Office software applications and other procurement software is essential. Familiarity with QuickBooks will be an asset.
- Experience in managing procurement plans and contract tracking tools
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent and human relation skills
Knowledge, Skills, Capacities:
- Strong analytical skill
- Very strong report writing skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and impacts
- Team player
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral & Written communication skills.
- Ability to use national data collection and reporting tools in relation to HIV, TB and Malaria services.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Note: Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
- Procurement Officer Job at Amazuma Services Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at TIJMAF INNOVATION SERVICES
- Assistant Procurement Officer Job at Rinaebo Integrated Services Limited
- Procurement Manager Job at Dataflex
- Procurement Officer Job at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer Recruitment at CGC Nigeria Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at IO Furniture Limited
- Purchasing Officer Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at Cuso International
- Procurement Officer Job at IO Furniture Limited