Research and Development Technologist Job at Promasidor Nigeria
Promasidor - We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Research and Development Technologist
Job Location: Nigeria
Reporting To: Manager - Research and Development(Strategy & Innovation)
- Responsible for bench work activities around new product development, product reformulation, pilot plant operation and factory scale-up trials.
- Responsible for sensory evaluation of raw materials and finished products.
- Ensure completion of bench work activities, shelf life studies and development of product prototypes within agreed timelines
- Carry out bench work activities around innovation and development of formulation prototypes for new product development projects
- Perform bench work activities around optimization and improvement of existing PNG formulations for both quality and margin delivery.
- Support activities around claim substantiation and nutritional labeling for new products along with product instructional information.
- Support development, validation, release, maintenance and review of technical specifications for raw materials and finished products.
- Conduct the physical and sensory evaluation of potential raw materials prior to approval for use.
- Support the management of the technical aspects of development, pre qualification and integration of suppliers or raw materials and ingredients.
- Carry out internal sensory sessions from sample preparation, questionnaire preparation, panelist selection, sample administration, statistical analysis and report writing.
- Support factory acceptance trials to ensure smooth production scale-up from laboratory-scale and pilot-scale to factory level
- Support activities around the operation and maintenance of the R&D Extrusion pilot plant for new product and process development
- Support the development, modification and implementation of test methods for product and raw material evaluation.
- Set up trial methodology to track and monitor shelf life and product/pack stability for new and reformulated products
- Support the maintenance and continual certification of the PNG Food Safety Management System to the requirements of ISO 22000 standards
- R&D Laboratory, raw material and sample management
- Supervise the R&D pilot plant operative and Interns
- A University degree in Food Science and Technology, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Research and Development in FMCG (Food and Beverages)
- Practical knowledge of New product development
- Proficiency in laboratory food chemical/proximate Analysis & testing
- Sensory evaluation and shelf-life studies
- Technical standards and specification
- Proficiency in Word & Excel
- Communication skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Food Processing techniques
- Food and food ingredients
- Data analysis
- Report writing
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Team Player
- Attention to details
- Interpersonal skills
- Relationship Management
- Decision Making
- When the page open Click Research and Development Technologist and apply
- Carefully check the description of this job BEFORE applying for it. Our selection process ensures that we do not recruit anyone who does not meet our requirements.
- So, take some time and examine carefully the job description below. Do not apply if you feel your actual profile does not correspond to our requirements. We regularly have new job openings, if this isn’t a job for you, you could come back at a later date to see if there are suitable jobs available.
- Research Consultant Job at Center for Civilians in Conflict
- Research Assistant Job at Lady Helen Child Health Foundation
- Nationwide Sales & Marketing Executives Openings
- Librarian Job at Pivotage Consulting
- Fragility and Resilience Officer Job at African Development Bank Group (AfDB
- Research & Product Development Supervisor Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Research & Product Development Officer Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Research Analyst (Lead) Recruitment at Nairametrics Financial Advocates Limited
- Research and Training Executive Recruitment at Attainables Entertainment Limited
- Quantity Surveyor Job at a reputable company