Retail Stores Manager Job at Somotex Nigeria Limited
Somotex Nigeria limited is a large consumer durable distribution conglomerate with more than 1000+ trade partners. Establised in 1997, Somotex is run by experienced professionals in industry. Our business model goes beyond fulfillment to provide our customers and suppliers a unique combination of operational excellence and service efficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Retail Stores Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- Serves customers by providing merchandise; supervising staff.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication.
- Minimum educational standard: B.SC
- Minimum Working Experience: 5 Years’ related experience
- Preferable: SIMS, Cash’n’Carry, Park’n’Shop
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Store-Keeper Job at SIMS Nigeria Limited
- Warehouse Officer Job at a reputable company
- Inventory Manager Job at a Cassava Processing Company
- Retail Store Manager Job at SIMS Nigeria Limited
- Inventory Account Manager Job at Asharami Energy Limited
- Supply Chain Accountant Job at ENYO Retail & Supply
- Expeditor Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Warehouse Assistant Job at Talentsquare
- Head, Stores Job at Egbin Power Plc
- Store Keeper Job at Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc