School Accountant Job at Silverwood School
Silverwood School, Maryland Lagos is a Creche, Nursery & Primary School with contemporary teaching facilities, a retinue of professional management and teaching staff who ensure that pupils live our motto of: Learn Today, Lead Tomorrow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: School Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
- Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the Head of School
- She /he has to maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping. Responsible for billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable and recovery is vital.
- The School Accountant is responsible for Organizing Handbook, and administering payroll and pension related functions.
- Assisting Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance, for example LIRS, FIRS, PENCOM, etc
- Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors, Headteacher and the Finance Committee.
- Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with the financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the school’s auditors.
- Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to her/his line manager.
- Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
- Be responsible for the completion of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, newstarter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines.
- Be responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the school’s computerize finance accounting.
- In conjunction with the nominated staff members, scrutinise and attend to the payment of all invoices and statements of account.
- Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value.
- Accountant with demonstrated experience in customer service account management is very pivotal to the job function
- Self Confident, Mature and well dressed
- Ability to evaluate, analyse and take critical decisions.
- The position also requires administrative and supervisory functions
- Candidates must posses qualifications not less than HND in Accountancy and with not more than 3 years experience in an accounting position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Credentials to: email@example.com using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.
- Administrative Officer Job at Royalsec Services Company Limited
- Call Center Agent Job at Willco Property Management
- Front Desk Officer Job at Countryside Hotel
- Secretary Job at Silverwood School
- Executive Assistant Job at Celebrations Cards and Gifts Limited
- Finance / Admin Manager Job at Celebrations Cards and Gifts Limited
- Receptionist Job at Glitters Energy Petroleum Limited
- Male Office Assistant Job at USAKING Services Limited
- Secretary Job at USAKING Services Limited
- HR / Admin Manager Job at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting