Syl-Alpha Medical Services is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Sonographer
Job Location: Benue
- The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer is expected to practice safe procedures under the supervision of the Medical Supervisor.
Specific Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Ability to effectively operate sonographic equipment.
- Ability to evaluate sonograms in order to acquire appropriate diagnostic information.
- Ability to integrate diagnostic sonograms, laboratory results, patient history and medical records, and adapt sonographic examination as necessary.
- Ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each examination performed.
- Ability to evaluate, synthesize, and communicate diagnostic information to the attending physician.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient and the health care team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations and patient's needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and health care team.
- Ability to follow established departmental procedures.
- Ability to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations.
- Follow infection control and safety guidelines
- University Graduate with a degree in Medical Sciences and 2-3 years experience in administering ultrasound