E-waste Producer Responsibility Organization (EPRON) is an industry led non-Governmental and not-for profit Producer Responsibility Organization (PRO) set-up to coordinate the environmentally sound management of electronic waste (e-waste) in Nigeria and like all other PROs to provide a level playing platform for Producers, Collectors, Recyclers and liason with Regulators while implementing the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR).
We seek to hire a technical officer to support the fulfillment of the aspiration of EPRON’s technical unit, which is to apply circular economy principles to minimize e-waste and ensure the effective implementation of product take back and environmentally sound management of e-waste in Nigeria. The technical unit is therefore responsible for developing and coordinating the successful implementation of the e-waste collection across the country and ensuring that the e-waste is recycled according to prescribed regulatory standards.
Handles general administrative and logistics support related to collection and recycling which includes:
- Coordinating the process of registering new Recyclers and Collectors and renewing registration for existing recyclers and collectors
- Coordinating recycling collection schedules to optimize service and efficiency
- Assist in carrying out month end reconciliations and ensure adherence to the agreed annual budget;
- Coordinating the movement of recycling materials from Collectors to Recyclers
- Verifying collectors and recyclers invoices to ensure accuracy
- Entering e-waste data into the program database and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data
- Preparing reports on the amount of e-waste generated, collected and recycled
- Processing recyclers and collectors’ invoices for payment
- Supporting the development of recycling plans
- Reports short falls violations of existing collection and recycling standards
- Providing customer support services
- Other activities as may be communicated by the line Manager.
Reporting line: Reports directly to the Technical Manager
Education: B.Sc. or HND degree in an environmental related course from an accredited Institution
Experience: 1-3-year(s) experience in participating in environmental projects
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent ability to pay attention to details
- Have the ability to work to time constraints
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership with the ability to
- Ability to build strong external relationships amongst Stakeholders
- Must have a metrics-driven and reconciling mindset.
- Must have excellent execution skills and be passionate about achieving high levels of excellence.
- Must be innovative and in tune with industry/market developments.
- Must demonstrate exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must be able to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Excellent project management skills and a hands-on approach.
Remuneration Package and Benefits:
EPRON offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please include a one-page SUITABILITY SUMMARY (word or pdf format) along with your Curriculum Vitea to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Civil Engineer Job at NLIGHTIN
- Programme Development Officer Job at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Generator Maintenance Officer Job at Outsource Africa
- Mechanic & Electrical Officer Job at Geoplex Drillteq Limited
- Operations Team Lead Job at Alan & Grant
- Project Director Job at ICAP Nigeria
- Manager, Engineering - Frontend and Backend Job at Achyutam International
- Senior Crane & Marine Equipment Engineer H / F Job at SPIE Oil & Gas
- Agricultural Engineer Job at AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited
- Project Manager Job at LONGBRIDGE