TOTAL Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Environment Projects, Systems & Compliance Officer
Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Environment Projects, Systems & Compliance Officer
Offer ID: 18394BR
Job Location: Port Harcourt-Trans Amadi (NGA)
Métier: H3SEQGenResponsibil/Polyval, Safety, Environment, Quality, Societal, Health-Hygiene
Branch: Exploration and Production
- Advice and assist the Head of Section on all environmental studies, compliance and related projects issues
- Participate in the writing and review of environmental studies procedures, plans and work instructions
- Ensure compliance with the environmental assessment process and its deliverables, e.g.: field sampling, reporting, laboratory analyses, etc.
- Ensure the registration of new projects with environmental regulatory agencies and performance of statutory EIA
- Prepare scope of work/terms of reference and obtain approvals for all onshore & offshore environmental studies projects
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and ensure timely completion of onshore and offshore environmental studies projects as well as specialized studies (e.g.: air dispersion modeling, consequence analysis, etc.)
- Organize and coordinate EIA studies stakeholders’ engagement & review fora with relevant agencies for Company’s projects
- Ensure quality assurance/control on all environmental studies reports issued by Third party contractors and ensure conformance to statutory guidelines and Company specifications
- Secure final approval /permits from regulatory bodies on applicable environmental assessment studies related reports
- Maintain register of all environmental studies requirement and ensure validity of certificates/approvals
- Provide guidance and support on EIA commitments to Project teams and impact mitigation monitoring with regulators
- Coordinate ISO 14001 certification of new sites and maintain existing onshore and offshore facilities certifications
- Ensure implementation of Energy Efficiency Management Systems in all implicated sites
- Organize Environment Management System (EnMS) awareness training sessions for all relevant sites
- Prepare and update the legal register and environmental regulatory status of all offshore & onshore facilities
- Conduct audits, pre-mobilization inspections and ensure the conformance of Third party facilities to standard procedures
- Follow-up on and ensure compliance of sample collection, storage, transportation and analysis with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in HSE Committee meetings and HSE Management System compliance inspections and audits of all facilities.
- Strong BSc degree in Environmental Sciences / Applied Sciences / Geosciences
- 5 years relevant post qualification experience, of which 3 years should have been spent in the oil & gas industry on environmental related duties
- Power of persuasion is essential for interfacing with site, regulatory authorities and other stakeholders
- Good report writing, oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team player with networking ability
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
Visit our website at www.careers.total.com for detailed information and how to apply.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click "APPLY TO TOTAL"
- Navigate to 'Our offers' and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search'.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email from our team for further action. Please follow the instruction to complete your application.
- Only completed applications will be processed
- We will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted applicants
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result in disqualification
- TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert.