Factchecker Job at The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD)
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos - Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation.
The Centre was established to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in West Africa, and also to provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region.
We require qualified person to fill the position below:
Job Position: Factchecker
Job Location: Abuja
Period: 8 months
- To keep continuously abreast of developments in social and traditional media spaces on issues relating to politics and election ahead of the 2019 general elections;
- To regularly identify fake news, misinformation and disinformation in the country;
- To promptly respond to fake news, disinformation and misinformation by developing and releasing well-researched articles to counter them;
- To use the tools of infographics, short videos, illustrations, etc, to widely disseminate responses and enlighten Nigerians on the effect of the phenomenon;
- To work closely with social media influencers/enthusiast to publicize rebuttals and leverage on their platforms to neutralize the effects of fake news, misinformation and disinformation.
- First degree in Political Science, Development Studies and other relevant programmes
- Experienced in factchecking principles, techniques and methods.
- Experienced in using social media platforms in professional capacity.
Skills and Abilities:
- Critical thinking and high level of attention to details
- Interest in/knowledge of Nigerian politics (but an ability to retain high level of professional impartiality)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills including demonstrated writing, proofreading, and research skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong IT Skills in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one page Application plus a maximum 3 page CV to: email@example.com
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for. For example, Subject: Ayobami Fatimah Chukwuemeka, Fact Checker.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained.
- Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No phone calls, please.
- CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this job.
- Graphic Designer Job at Bookminders Nigeria
- Junior Oracle Developer Job at TriVersa Limited
- Provider Network Administrator Job at a reputable company
- IT Support Job at Proten International
- Head of Connectivity and Access Public Policy Job at Facebook
- Full Stack Developer / Knowledge Manager Job at Ikore
- Strategic Information Intern Job at Jhpiego
- I.T Consultant Job at Pathway Financial & Consultancy Services Limited
- Graphic Design Intern Job at Motherboard Consult
- IT Support Technician Job at Netcom Africa