Information Technology Assistant Job at International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Information Technology Assistant
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision Head of ICT, Abuja and head of Sub-office Lagos
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems, hardware peripherals and implementation of ITC requirements for IOM Lagos and Benin sub offices
- He/ She will assist the administration of daily incoming calls to the IT department, open help desk tickets as appropriate, troubleshoot and correct minor IT issues and route more complex IT issues to the head of ICT Unit, Abuja.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Install new hardware including: PC, laptops, servers, printers and software in any particular location and periodically performs system clean-up
- Maintain installed software, ensuring proper updates (including latest antivirus definitions) are applied and making optimizations when necessary.
- Make user data and server backups: The backups should be tested randomly for consistency
- Provides first level support to users who are experiencing computer problems and trouble-shoots issues related to access, online connection, file storage, and application functionality.
- Acts as the first point of contact for staff on collection of new hardware and replacement hardware in the Lagos sub-office.
- Resolve End User queries and constraints related to software and other ITC components in coordination with the ICT Abuja, elevating those that cannot be resolved
- Monitor the use of Internet by staff and advice management of any such abuses or excesses by staff that may become evident in the course of their work.
- Maintains IT equipment inventory; Monitors inventory levels and alert supervisor when low thresholds are reached;
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
- Responsible for tracking ICT equipment Procurement Requests, testing of new equipment and reporting to ICT Head, Abuja
- Resolve any hardware, software, or connectivity problem with minimum delay.
- Attempts to resolve as many problems calls or service requests on initial contact and provides technical support in the IT related programming activities.
- Visit user’s premises to resolve problems in other sub-offices, if necessary.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and yearly statistics for UKTB, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and submit to supervisor.
- Ensures and validates HAPSTAT.
- Manage the tele radiology system, file server, PACS server and X ray machine.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree from an accredited academic institution in Computer Science or Computer Engineering;
- Minimum two (2) years (4 years for School Diploma holder) of relevant experience in the field of ITC including operational and field experiences,
- Ability to work with an established IT support centre – communication by phone and email;
- Good knowledge of: Windows OS and networking. VOIP and corporate Skype installations and other IOM approved software as may be required;
- MSCE and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple native languages advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Values: Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line "SVN2019.38 Abuja, Information Technology Assistant G4"
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Network Support Officer Job at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- TA Polio Data Manager Job at United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Graphics Design Intern Job at BingReach Digital
- Content Writer Job at Inter Arc Consultants Limited
- Web Content Writer (Intern Only) Job at BingReach Digital
- Blockchain Specialist Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- Artificial Intelligence Specialist Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- System Administrator Job at DBH Solutions
- Computer Repairer (Engineer) Job at Peen Nigeria Limited
- IT ADMIN