IT Associate Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: IT Associate
Job Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Full Time
- The IT Associate role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
- This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests
- Setup and install new devices (Computers, Printers, Scanners e.t.c) according to MSHs standard.
- Assist in office network administration.
- Attend to incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prepare the Projector and other presentation materials for quality presentations.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from users
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced Manager.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals on a monthly basis (monthly report of the work done submitted to the supervisor)
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Send a weekly Status report and Time Sheet to supervisor.
- Carryout additional tasks issued out by the supervisor in line with the company business.
- University Degree in Information Technology or Computer science.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Keyboard skills
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Verbal and written language skills in English required.
- MCSE, N+ or A+ , CCNA (industry-standard professional qualifications)
- Ability to work a switchboard
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must possess a user-first mentality
- Experience with Google Apps
- Exceptional motivation to learn on the job
- Extensive Windows, Mac and iOS or Android experience
- Experience with Python, Dart or GO a plus
- Familiarity with computer networking, TCP/IP a plus
- Familiarity with Symatec Altiris a plus.
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
- Entry Level IT Recruitment Officer Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- System Supports / Administrator Job at Ontrac Technologies Limited (OTL)
- Graphics Designer Job at Infinity Payment Cards Limited
- Mobile and Web Application Developer Job at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Information Technology Engineer Job at Going Active Africa
- NYSC Intern (Information Technology) Recruitment at Unitrust Insurance Company Limited
- Multimedia / Graphic Designer Job at Speedaf Logistics Nigeria Limited
- QA Engineering Manager (Technology) Job at Andela Nigeria
- Information Technology Officer Job at Kimberly Ryan Limited
- IT Manager Job at Nisa Wellness Retreat