Sales Manager - Golden Tulipa at UAC of Nigeria Plc
UAC of Nigeria Plc. is a leading private sector enterprise with active participation in the development of the country since 1879. A diversified, food-focused company, UAC’s operations span the animal feeds, packaged foods, real estate, paints and logistics sectors of the economy. We are committed to building and developing our people towards realizing their full potentials.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Sales Manager - Golden Tulip
Job Location: Lagos
Department: Sales & Marketing
Job Description/ Tittle: Sales Manager
Reporting To: Sales & Marketing Director
Summary of Objective
- Under the general guidance and supervision of the Sales & Marketing Director to assist in managing and coordinating all efforts of the Sales operations, to ensure efficient, prompt, courteous, consistent quality and proactive service for all our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be aware of local market competition, to monitor trends within the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented in the hotel.
- To pass on all complaints/comments received from customers/clients regarding the hotel, hotel services, etc. to the Sales & Marketing Manager immediately.
- To be fully aware of the hotel’s major corporate clients and high-profile individual guests, current VIP guests, hotel promotions and room rates.
- To maintain and exceed the hotel’s revenue goals within the allocated market segments.
- Assists the sales and Marketing director to analyse budget and determine ways and means to achieve set goals.
- To aggressively sell the hotel through telemarketing and face-to-face sales calls to tap into new accounts and new contacts.
- To be fully aware of all activities taking place in the hotel, the city and the region at all times as well as to be fully familiar with the hotel and conversant with all hotel services and the opening & closing times of all outlets, their menus, etc.
- Organise sales teams to ensure delivery of target.
- Develop and train sales staff for optimum performance.
- Liase with Front Office Manager and F&B Manager on various sales promotions as per rooms and food and beverage.
- Build competitive sales.
- Develop and constantly review competitive set analysis for sales at the hotel.
- Ensure budget for sales is on target.
- To organize and conduct familiarization tours of the hotel.
- To negotiate contracts with clients and to ensure that all necessary paperwork (e.g. credit agreements, etc.) is in place prior to clients’ placing business.
- To respond to customers requests within 24 hours and work with customers to promptly answer all problems and complaints.
- To conduct on-going research on customers’ requirements and provide feedback to the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- To maintain an efficient sales office procedure and to insure the regular maintenance of an accurate and updated accounts/contacts database and follow-up procedures.
- To submit a weekly sales activity report to the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- To attend trade shows and exhibitions locally and internationally when requested.
- To maintain competitors and market conditions awareness, both locally as well as regionally, and to provide feedback to the Sales & Marketing Manager
- To maintain confidentiality of the information directly related to the hotel’s activities and to not divulge such information outside the hotel.
Education, Competencies and Skills
- Minimum qualification is BSC/HND
- 5years experience in sales of hotel facilities.
- Good command of English
- Strong leadership skills - effectively managing and motivating their team to perform beyond expectation
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to their team
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Account Development Manager Job at Easterly Global Limited
- Sales Executive Recruitment at Donias
- Infinity Security Services Limited Recruitment for Business Development Officer
- Business Development Executive Recruitment at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Ark Technologies Limited Recruitment for Business Development Manager
- Business Development Executive Job at Ark Technologies Limited
- Business Development Lead, Cloud Business Job at MainOne Cable
- Sales Executive Job at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Business Development Executive Job at CDV Properties & Development Limited
- Sales & Marketing Manager Recruitment at Marriott International