Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) Intern I at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) Intern I
Job ID: 13-10486
Job Locations: Abuja, Sokoto, Niger, Kwara, Kebbi and Zamfara
Group/Office: TEG (Technical Excellence Group)
Dept/Unit: OCEGEN - OCE General
Project/Program: A512 - Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: SCMS Specialist at state levelSCMS Advisor at Abuja level
- The objective of the SCMS intern position is to support the SCMS Advisor and or SCMS Specialists to ensure reliable availability of diagnostics, ARVs, and drugs for HIV treatment, care and support as well as other consumables at designated health facilities in each focus state supported by the USAID funded CaTSS project.
- Support pharmacists/laboratory scientists to ensure efficient and effective inventory management at supported health facilities
- Work closely with the state SCMS Specialists and clinical team members to ensure 100% placement of all eligible treatment naïve patients on the new TDF/3TC/DTG treatment regimen for adults and ABC/3TC/LPV/r pellets for children <3years
- Support facilities to monitor adherence to national guidelines in the use of TLD among women of child bearing potential
- Work with state SCMS Specialists to monitor and report weekly consumption and stock levels of TDF/3TC/DTG, LPV/r and INH at supported health facilities.
- Work with facility pharmacists/focal persons to monitor and ensure sufficient stock levels for meeting TLD transition targets assigned to each facility
- Conduct bi-monthly regimen analysis and reporting to inform program alignment with FMoH/WHO target of initiating 90% of treatment naive adult patients on TDF regimen backbone.
- Support a multi-disciplinary team of service providers (doctors/nurses/pharmacists/ laboratory scientist) at facility level in requesting HIV/AIDS medicines and commodities (RTKs, Viral load consumables, CD4 reagents, etc). Specifically support facility SCMS focal persons in bimonthly reporting of commodity stock levels and placing resupply orders using the most recent LMIS reporting tool/CRRIF.
- Support SCMS Specialist to undertake bimonthly CRRIF analysis of QTO and actual quantity supplied by GHSC-PSM during each resupply cycle and document identified gaps for escalation to GHSC-PSM
- Work closely with the SCMS Specialist to support the LMCU/state logistics technical working group (TWG) for bimonthly review of facility LMIS reports
- Support the state government and partner health facilities to ensure efficient collection and safe disposal of expiries across supported facilities in the state, in line with national and USG waste management policy.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic SCMS achievements and keep the state SCMS Specialist informed on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Participate at state-level SCMS technical working group (TWG) meetings hosted by SACA/SASCP or other international agencies as required.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor/SCMS Advisor/STL and other MSH staff as necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must be a Pharmacist with a B.Pharm degree
- At least two (2) years field level experience in supply chain management in a developing country context. Experience in HIV/AIDS programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID/CDC, will be an added advantage
- Must possess strong numeric skills with demonstrable knowledge on use of MS Excel, MS Word, LMIS and/or other data management and analysis tools
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English with demonstrable report writing skills with attention to details.
Note: If you wish to be considered for this position, specify the location for which you are applying in your application.
- Warehouse Officer Job at Padoserve Limited
- Inventory Officer Job at Vincintore Limited
- Store Keeper Job at Triple Tech Imaging
- Inventory Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Warehouse Supervisor Job at GUO Transport Company Limited
- Supply Chain Specialist Job at IQVIA
- Medical Doctor Job at Greenfield Health Management Limited
- Warehouse Officer Job at Prisdav Consulting
- Store Keeper Job at Dangote Group
- Store Keeper Job at Sparklespot Services