Systems Administrator Job at IpNX Nigeria Limited
ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything - people, information, and services.
We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Systems Administrator
Job ID: 53
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Department: Research and System Architecture
Function: Systems Administrator
Reporting to: Chief Technology Architect
Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Minimum of 2.1/ Upper Credit Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Information Technology / Computer Science.
- Systems Administrative role in Linux environment.
- Previous years of experience working in ISP environment.
- Linux, Windows Server, Solaris administration experience necessary, in that order of preference.
- Experience with scripting, installation and migration concepts - in Bash, Perl, Python.
- Virtual Infrastructure administration experience with KVM or VMware highly desired. Storage Area Network administration experience a plus.
- Experience administering centralized data backup and recovery infrastructure, including installation and configuration of open source data backup solutions like Bacula, amanda, BareOS, etc.
- Experience deploying and administering web servers – Apache/Nginx/Tomcat.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies like OpenStack, a plus.
- Experience with Dev/Ops tooling to build, configure and deploy, a plus.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack, Puppet)
- Working knowledge of open source CPanel (website admin panel) and Relational Database Management System like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience supporting a high traffic customer facing website infrastructure.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting load balancing appliances in a production environment.
- Ability to document and implement processes to increase efficiency, productivity, reliability and scalability
- Project management skills a definite asset
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Team Work
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning.
Expected Key Results:
- Administer server's infrastructure in accordance with standards and project / operational requirements.
- Identify and promote best systems administration practices and patterns.
- Perform continuous system monitoring.
- Provide Tier II/other support.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Information Technology Officer (Corper) Job at Anyjob
- Cloud Operations Analyst Job at MainOne Cable
- IT / Sales Support Staff Job at Tripod Star Prime Systems Ventures
- Laptop Technician Job at Fine Trading International limited
- Head, IT Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Help Desk Officer Job at Amag Buz Venture
- IT Support Specialist Job at a reputable company
- Mobile Phone and Laptop Technician
- Mobile App Developer (Android/ iOS) Job at Zari Connectpoint
- CCTV Operator Job at Josepdam Port Services