Warehouse Officer Job at the Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH)
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Integrated Global Fund Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfil the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB, HIV, RSSH) within the LSMOH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting for the vacant position below:
Job Position: Warehouse Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Reporting to: Director, Lagos State Medical Stores.
- The Warehouse officer will oversee the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of a range of grant commodities.
- S/he will be responsible for a vital part of TB grant commodities supply chain process and other Global Fund grant items.
- S/he will manage processes and systems in order to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately, and that timelines are met.
- Warehouse safety standards, appropriate storage conditions and security of stock are essential in the day-to-day activities.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure timely and appropriate receipt, and dispatch of items
- Coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods
- Participate in periodic logistics report validation
- Actively participate in LMD of commodities to health facilities and provide a summary report thereafter, within a reasonable time period.
- Have a clear understanding of the GF policies on grant health products handling and how the warehouse is pivotal in the implementation of this policy
- Coordinate the use of automated and computerized systems where necessary
- Respond to and deal with clarifications / requests communicated by email and telephone
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Identify risk to commodities, escalate and propose risk mitigation plan as appropriate.
- Foster teamwork in managing grant items to ensure productivity targets are met while operating in an efficient manner
- Produce regular reports and statistics on periodic basis -daily, weekly and monthly etc. as may be required or requested.
- Provide prompt, detailed and appropriate feedback on commodity logistics inquires and clarifications.
- Ensure best practices in commodity warehousing and handling
- Ensure proper handling and requisite planned maintenance of warehouse support equipment.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and operation of warehouse management systems and automated storage and retrieval systems.
- Analyse shipment logs
- Review timeliness of scheduled deliveries as deemed appropriate
- Wack inventory level and report appropriately
- Track and document the basic parameters of warehouse at all times.
- Track and report most important warehouse Key Performance Indicators (KPls)
- Track and report expenses as it relates to warehousing operations such as fuelling, storage and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Pharmacy or other related field from a recognized university higher qualification in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least two years cognate experience in health products logistics, warehousing and distribution.
- Familiarity with Global Fund Policies on Procurement and Supply Chain of Health Products, with programmatic requirements for successful implementation of grants funded by the Global Fund.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional level English language skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills, and familiarity with computerized Logistics/stock management and information systems
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and a Cover Letter in word format as separate attachments in a single mail application stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable for the position and addressed to: Coordinator.email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; the subject of the email should be the job position applied
- Warehouse Officer Job at Padoserve Limited
- Logistics Specialist I Recruitment at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
- Inventory Officer Job at Vincintore Limited
- Store Keeper Job at Triple Tech Imaging
- Logistic Officer Job at Five3 Nigeria Limited
- Dispatch Rider Job at The Workplace Centre Limited
- Graduate Logistics Executive Recruitment at GlaxoSmithKline Nigeria Plc
- Logistics Officer - Assets, Fleet and Transport Job at Terre Des Hommes
- Inventory Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Logistics Personnel Job at Hebrewchild Nig. Ltd